• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this ever happened to you with your significant other?

No. Wife is a former cop. She doesn't mess around in a moving vehicle. It's like she's on a never ending patrol. Always paying attention. One eye on my speedo and the other on everything else.

I call my wife the Nagagator! She constantly monitors my speed while I am driving!

Some moms DID have fun hitting the pedal on the right; Mom had 70 Coupe Deville, if 55 was limit, she did 54 EXCEPT when dad told her to blow out the carbon: she got on interstate at 4 am after dropping dad off at work, OOOHHH THE SWEET SOUND OF 4 BARRELS OPENING UP!! Yes, both my feet were planted on the floorboards, but what a rush for a 16 yr old

Now that funny!! I'm going to have to remember that one, Nagagator!!

Feel free to use that one! I came up with it because we were on a trip,she was navigating,and she had the GPS,which in the corner told her the speed I was traveling! So we are on route 95 in North Carolina,and I get pulled over by a state cop. She's going on and on about how she told me I was driving too fast and was going to get a ticket! So the cop comes up to the window,and no word of a lie,says to me I saw your Rhode Island plates,and saw that you were driving kinda slow,so I just wanted to make sure that you weren't falling asleep. Maybe you should stop and get some rest! Lol!

Some moms DID have fun hitting the pedal on the right; Mom had 70 Coupe Deville, if 55 was limit, she did 54 EXCEPT when dad told her to blow out the carbon: she got on interstate at 4 am after dropping dad off at work, OOOHHH THE SWEET SOUND OF 4 BARRELS OPENING UP!! Yes, both my feet were planted on the floorboards, but what a rush for a 16 yr old

My mom knew how to open up a Carter AVS that was bolted ontop of an orange 440 Magnum!

I learned to drive cars, as opposed to tractors, mini bikes, motorcycles and farm trucks in the fields, from my Mother. She was a former "Powder Puff" dirt track racer. We would go occasionally, up country to a dairy farm with two 5 gallon "carboys" strapped into the back seat and get fresh milk. She taught me to drive on these trips. Her belief was that there wouldn't be too much horsing around when there was all that milk sloshing around back there. I was doubly frustrating that we were driving in a 70 Mach One.

Oh man, that's funny! Kinda makes me sorry I didn't go for my license. Learned how to taxi and take off (the easy stuff) but never did any landings. Even took meteorology and flight theory thinking I'd later go get my instrument rating.....oh well.
Me too.

I learned to drive cars, as opposed to tractors, mini bikes, motorcycles and farm trucks in the fields, from my Mother. She was a former "Powder Puff" dirt track racer. We would go occasionally, up country to a dairy farm with two 5 gallon "carboys" strapped into the back seat and get fresh milk. She taught me to drive on these trips. Her belief was that there wouldn't be too much horsing around when there was all that milk sloshing around back there. I was doubly frustrating that we were driving in a 70 Mach One.
They were just cars back then. I bought a 68 green RR, 383, 3 speed on the floor for 300 bucks. About a month later I was going around a corner sideways and hit a telephone pole with the last foot of the car. Pissed me off, got out, took the plates off and walked away. I can't even imagine doing that today.

Auto Transport Service
Back