• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hate it when I red light by .001!

I'm okay with the TruStart/Compulink worst red loses.

I havent had the opportunity to run on that tree - since I havent bracket raced in some time and the last few years was on a pro-tree for the most part anyways. I do think its the most fair way, its what bracket racing was designed to be (fair regardless of money spent) so it works for me.

So with that said, did it ever catch on?

I had .000 and .008 test hits a couple weeks ago, then took a long nap first round and blew it:BangHead:. I really hate being late and have nowhere to go against a racer on their game.
Our buddy Rod carried us though, with a Win in Pro!...

sacm.jpg

tripzip.jpg

Last edited:
I had .000 and .008 test hits a couple weeks ago, then took a long nap first round and blew it:BangHead:. I really hate being late and have nowhere to go against a racer on their game.
Our buddy Rod carried us though, with a Win in Pro!...

View attachment 1528359

View attachment 1528360
Rod McGregor! 6.1 (+?) Gen III Hemi, mid fives,eighth. VERY nice, impressive car!.

I'm okay with the TruStart/Compulink worst red loses.
I have run it a couple times, seems like newer timing systems at the better tracks. I think it’s more fair, but I don’t think the red light shows on the tree. It’s confusing for sure.

Yep. If the first driver redlights, it does NOT appear on the tree till the faster car leaves, and the computer can determine who redlit more.

. I don't try to run .00x. Occasionally I'll get some. I don't get many over .040 either. Consistency and a tight grouping goes rounds. This has been an off year for me. A few weeks ago my average light this tear was .034. Last couple of outings have been pretty good. Went 5 rds Friday, 6 rds Saturday. Off to Norwalk tonight.
Doug

I have a few friends that race bottom bulb, and I can say these guys can hang and have hung with the top bulb racers on many occassions.

Did you all see a door car, without a delay box just won the OG Million ????? Boy I dont even know if I wanna venture into no-box racing with these type of sharks in the water :)

I have a few friends that race bottom bulb, and I can say these guys can hang and have hung with the top bulb racers on many occassions.

Did you all see a door car, without a delay box just won the OG Million ????? Boy I dont even know if I wanna venture into no-box racing with these type of sharks in the water :)
I prefer no electronics. Electronic ignition is about it lol and a trans brake is cool too but all that other stuff....naw. When I started out with a 10.60 car, the electronics was just getting a foothold. That was 84 and I guess all that stuff had been going on for a couple of years or so? Anyway, my car was consistent as could be and I'm not talking about within a few .01s....I'm talking about the same number pass after pass and even on different days or nights. I got to where if my time trial was the same as last weeks, I didn't run another. Of course my RT's suffered because of no practice but my lights weren't bad and making it into at least the 2nd round was a given. Usually won the round because the other guy either was worse or broke out.

I prefer no electronics. Electronic ignition is about it lol and a trans brake is cool too but all that other stuff....naw. When I started out with a 10.60 car, the electronics was just getting a foothold. That was 84 and I guess all that stuff had been going on for a couple of years or so? Anyway, my car was consistent as could be and I'm not talking about within a few .01s....I'm talking about the same number pass after pass and even on different days or nights. I got to where if my time trial was the same as last weeks, I didn't run another. Of course my RT's suffered because of no practice but my lights weren't bad and making it into at least the 2nd round was a given. Usually won the round because the other guy either was worse or broke out.
Just to let you know how things have changed, the newer timing systems are 4 decimal places.

Couple weeks ago I lost on a .0009 break out.

Just to let you know how things have changed, the newer timing systems are 4 decimal places.

Couple weeks ago I lost on a .0009 break out.
Yeah, I knew about that and thought holy smokes lol. I still get out to the track from time to time but hate standing around watching....

Auto Transport Service
Back