• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you watched the movie Dunkirk?

SteveSS

Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
I normally love everything Christoper Nolan does. Movies like Interstellar fascinate me but I had some problems with Dunkirk. First, it made no mention the reason any survived was the Germans pulled up and regrouped for 3 days. They could have won the war right then by capturing or killing the British army. There are lots of theories why the Nazis didn't. The planes were active but not really since there was a low ceiling. The thing that bugged me right away was why the Britsih lined up like ducks in a row waiting to be strafed or bombed. Did they not know how to dig trenches or foxholes?

I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet but I want to. Still too sick.

I see Cillian Murphy in both movies.

Saw it in the theater when it first came out. Great cinematography, especially the flying scenes, but thought it was a bit of a mess overall. Little or no real background on the situation at Dunkirk

I think it was trying to be conveyed that the enlisted soldier knows very little about what he's caught in. They didn't do a very good job of it. If you read the book "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sager he fights in most of the major battles on the Eastern front from 1941-45 but dosen't know it.

Auto Transport Service
Back