• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawk-Rod: The Restoration

Linda and I will be coming through Yosemite on August 7th on the way back from Reno to
San Jose. Want to meet up there again?

image.jpg

DSC_0188.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0185.JPG
Trust me Dennis, I would love nothing better. The drive out of Yosemite when we chased each other back to your place was a blast!

Due to the first trip's success, I am definitely planning another, but I am afraid it won't be this year. A bit of a drive to get to Yosemite for me!

Cool memories, lots of fun getting out on the road and meating up with the FBBO folks.

View attachment 341821 View attachment 341822 View attachment 341823 Trust me Dennis, I would love nothing better. The drive out of Yosemite when we chased each other back to your place was a blast!

Due to the first trip's success, I am definitely planning another, but I am afraid it won't be this year. A bit of a drive to get to Yosemite for me!

Love the middle pic - open Air Grabber, sexy R/T tail panel. The last pic of the cars would be a classic too if it weren't for those funny looking guys in the way!

Trust me Dennis, I would love nothing better. The drive out of Yosemite when we chased each other back to your place was a blast!

Hopefully I will have a running car next time you come out this way...

Love the middle pic - open Air Grabber, sexy R/T tail panel. The last pic of the cars would be a classic too if it weren't for those funny looking guys in the way!

Yeah, it's a shame Barry and Dennis were there, but what can you do?!? :p

Hopefully I will have a running car next time you come out this way...

Awesome. The more the merrier! I'm sure we could get Rich and Darius and likely Stu and a few others too! I'll tell you, driving out of the canyon that day was so much fun. We didn't do anything dangerous or stupid, but drove our Mopars like they were meant to be - no idling in the slow lane for us!

We didn't do anything dangerous or stupid, but drove our Mopars like they were meant to be - no idling in the slow lane for us!

Dennis and I always drive like this, is there any other way??????

Hey do you like the modified engine harness? Is it good?

The engine harness that I modified has had no issues - so far, so good! I also like that it looks very "factory like", so it blends in well. So far, no regrets...

We didn't do anything dangerous or stupid, but drove our Mopars like they were meant to be - no idling in the slow lane for us!

Dennis and I always drive like this, is there any other way??????

There are certainly some people who are SO cautious of their restored cars that they barely drive them, and when they do, they CRAWL. Not us!!!!

There are certainly some people who are SO cautious of their restored cars that they barely drive them, and when they do, they CRAWL. Not us!!!!

nice pics, there is no better feeling than breaking out the MOPAR and stretching its legs out on the open road. glad you guys had a blast.

Did you buy it modified or make it?

I bought a M&H (Year One sells them) new harness (did this for all my wiring on my car) and I modified that. The only one I needed to significantly modify was the engine harness, although I unwrapped and re-wrapped my forward light harness to incorporate the A/C wire for the pressure switch. In my case, I hid the dryer and pressure switch behind the grill next to the condenser.

I bought a M&H (Year One sells them) new harness (did this for all my wiring on my car) and I modified that. The only one I needed to significantly modify was the engine harness, although I unwrapped and re-wrapped my forward light harness to incorporate the A/C wire for the pressure switch. In my case, I hid the dryer and pressure switch behind the grill next to the condenser.
You bought the points harness?

You bought the points harness?

Actually, no, I bought one pre-modified for Chrysler electronic ignition. When I got my car, someone had already converted it to electronic ignition, so that's what I got. Once I installed the Fuel Injection with the computer controlled timing, that wasn't needed. Unwrapping and modifying the harness itself was easy. Trying to properly design everything took some more time.

Hawk

Awesome. The more the merrier! I'm sure we could get Rich and Darius and likely Stu and a few others too! I'll tell you, driving out of the canyon that day was so much fun. We didn't do anything dangerous or stupid, but drove our Mopars like they were meant to be - no idling in the slow lane for us!
Hey Bro....next year?? Dont forget the hippie, i might have something rolling then.....the Fireball is first, bad as i want to immerse in bug...times getting unpredictable, i want my escape pod ready for possible road warrior daze....really want to put Tundra eng/trans in, but wouldnt be practical in crisis...10.5: 1 comp. Im going to flex fuel it...make it run on chittiest gas i can....wood fuel is priority choice....find wood anywhere...right? So it wont be a hot rod,well, ill still slam it and pony up the suspension, but it is a mopah.
id definitely do an outlaw run to meet You Guys.
iwas poking about looking for Louis, 71Airgrabber....anybody heard from Him lately? Thats killer You & Dennis got together, He's a Great Guy...i met Him @ Fall Fling 15, was a killer time. I wanted to make Reno, but not happening...hopefully FF VN again in Nov. Peace.....in the tight stuff, even in the RV, ill stay in Your rear view...lmao

Hey Bro....next year?? Dont forget the hippie, i might have something rolling then.....the Fireball is first, bad as i want to immerse in bug...times getting unpredictable, i want my escape pod ready for possible road warrior daze....really want to put Tundra eng/trans in, but wouldnt be practical in crisis...10.5: 1 comp. Im going to flex fuel it...make it run on chittiest gas i can....wood fuel is priority choice....find wood anywhere...right? So it wont be a hot rod,well, ill still slam it and pony up the suspension, but it is a mopah.
id definitely do an outlaw run to meet You Guys.
iwas poking about looking for Louis, 71Airgrabber....anybody heard from Him lately? Thats killer You & Dennis got together, He's a Great Guy...i met Him @ Fall Fling 15, was a killer time. I wanted to make Reno, but not happening...hopefully FF VN again in Nov. Peace.....in the tight stuff, even in the RV, ill stay in Your rear view...lmao

Trust me, with a 46 year old stock engine, my car is hardly at the top of the heap from a power perspective. The key is to get out there and drive and enjoy them!

i did not read every post here but can you post the part number for the low mount a/c bracket or where might it be posted on hear . thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back