• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HDK torsion bar eliminating kit

thegreatgazoo

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody used this Torsion bar eliminating kit from HDK. I have a 69 roadrunner that I did a Gen III Hemi swap and really dont want to swap out K frame since the motor and transmission are all done. I just want to do a little front suspension mods to improve ride and came across this kit.

20190203_083804.jpg

I haven't tried that kit, but the 318 66 Satellite, I did with a 6.1 swap rides great with the stock torsion bars. As you have a RR with heavier torsion bars you might swap in some some 318 bars if you're concerned about the ride. If you're concerned about clearance issues, there are now store bought headers that clear. Mine had to be made early on, as well as the engine mounts. With the after market items now, a Gen III conversion is almost plug and play.

Great stuff, if you're looking to lose the torsion bars. I believe it's the cleanest and most thought-out after-market design. I'm personally good with torsion-bar front-ends, anything shy of a chassis-car.

I haven't tried that kit, but the 318 66 Satellite, I did with a 6.1 swap rides great with the stock torsion bars. As you have a RR with heavier torsion bars you might swap in some some 318 bars if you're concerned about the ride. If you're concerned about clearance issues, there are now store bought headers that clear. Mine had to be made early on, as well as the engine mounts. With the after market items now, a Gen III conversion is almost plug and play.
My gen III conversion went great. Like you said it was pretty much plug and play. I did have to do alot of tunnel mods and cross member modifications cause I used the RFE transmission right at the torque boxes where the torsion bars go. I figured doing a coil over front end would take some stress off the torque boxes and also improve my ride. I'm just looking at my options and see what I come up with. And the tti headders i need for my motor are the D shaped port )2016 motor) require that I hit them with a hammer to make them fit. I can't see myself buying $1000 headders and hitting them with a hammer. tti knows you need to do it they tell you you need to do it, they should already be bent before the powder coating.

Last edited:
My gen III conversion went great. Like you said it was pretty much plug and play. I did have to do alot of tunnel mods and cross member modifications cause I used the RFE transmission right at the torque boxes where the torsion bars go. I figured doing a coil over front end would take some stress off the torque boxes and also improve my ride. I'm just looking at my options and see what I come up with. And the tti headders i need for my motor are the D shaped port )2016 motor) require that I hit them with a hammer to make them fit. I can't see myself buying $1000 headders and hitting them with a hammer. tti knows you need to do it they tell you you need to do it, they should already be bent before the powder coating.

I agree with not hitting brand new headers. I had no tunnel mods, as I am running a beefed up small block 727. I wanted to keep all the console and original shifter stuff in the stock location. I can slide a business card between the header and the PS box and that is all. I did notch the K frame for A/C compressor clearance.

I had hdk on on two cars.. without a doubt they rode great and denny is a first class guy.. he has done many an A body check that forum for reviews as well. Had them on a 68 barracuda and 63 plymouth

I spoke with Denny a few days ago. He discontinued this setup due to it wasn't in demand for the b body.

Has anybody used this Torsion bar eliminating kit from HDK. I have a 69 roadrunner that I did a Gen III Hemi swap and really dont want to swap out K frame since the motor and transmission are all done. I just want to do a little front suspension mods to improve ride and came across this kit.

View attachment 720467
Installing my second HDK frame. Well worth it! Handles/drives sooo much better!

Auto Transport Service
Back