• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion Bar Slack Adjuster

thr3shold

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I replaced my rusted torsion bar/transmission cross member so long ago I don't know what it was originally like and I have aftermarket torsion bars and poly LCA bushings installed.

I've got about 1/4" of gap between tapping the torsion bars all the way in and the clips and I've always thrown in some washers to fill it in. Well I noticed the last time that I did some suspension work the same washers wouldn't go back in and that didn't sit right so I quick welded these up to give it some adjustability. Works great and I can preload the poly bushings just a smidge to cut down on flex under load.

I dunno, maybe it's only applicable to my car, I have no idea.

TorsionBarSlackAdjuster.jpg

Cool, but definitely overthinking the situation. There is generally a gap, yes the bar can move around when well greased, but the clip is there to keep it in place. Loss of 1/4" of engagement at the LCA socket isn't going to effect a thing.

I'm working at eliminating as much slop as possible everywhere I can. Even if this doesn't do anything it still eliminates the _possibility_ of it being a problem. Take a look at the idler arm post I did to see what kind of stupid I really am.

There's nothing holding a poly bushing in place on the lower control arm. Other than the fact it can't all completely fall off from the strut rod being in place.
I can see where the concern comes in, and the resulting repair/upgrade.

I don't use poly lca bushings for that reason. I like the idea of the control arm mounted solidly via a rubber bushing(ie; oem)

Total waste of time and does absolutely nothing.

There's nothing holding a poly bushing in place on the lower control arm. Other than the fact it can't all completely fall off from the strut rod being in place.
I can see where the concern comes in, and the resulting repair/upgrade.

I don't use poly lca bushings for that reason. I like the idea of the control arm mounted solidly via a rubber bushing(ie; oem)
The proforged poly bushings have steel sleeves

Auto Transport Service
Back