• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header Wrap Question

HYRDGOON

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
What are the up and downsides of wrapping your headers?

Off the top of my head especially if you already have ceramic coating the wrap is not nearly as aesthetic but keeping temps low under the hood and bearing in mind that keeping the heat in the header until the pipes adds some scavenging since the hot air expands in the pipe drawing inertia of airflow through the engine.

As always thanks in advance for the input!

They can trap moisture and start the rust process a lot faster. But if you have ceramic coated headers, are they also coated on the inside? This will help even more than header wrap.

I had my headers and intake done with " Cerakote Chromex" coating which is good for temps up to 1100 degrees F it coats the inside and out and lowers radiant temps underhood. Mine has been on since 2004 and looks like it did when I first put them on. It is on my 392 hemi.

Attachments

• IM000561.JPG
    IM000561.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IM000809.JPG
    IM000809.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 154
I have TTI headers that are coated inside and out. I was told not to wrap them as it would void the warrenty, mostly because of premature rust.

Auto Transport Service
Back