• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers

Davidrad

Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 76 Coronet I'm building. Does anyone make headers that fit these beasts?

You can check with TTI - they apparently make headers for Mopar only. Otherwise check Summit and plug in your car specifics and see what comes up. They carry a lot of the major brands. I bought my Hookers from them. But they carry other major brands as well. TTI seems to be the header of choice by many on this site because the fitment is better than many of the others. Just expensive is all.

Yes! Big block or small block?

TTI makes headers as well as others.

IF you have a small block, TTI or Hooker Super Comps at a 1-3/4 tube I do believe fit. The do well in my '79 Magnum.

I've only run about 6 sets of headers, but before they had any headers listed specifically for '77 Cordobas, I found that basic "'69 Road Runner" era b-body headers fit just fine, even with power steering, at least with the smaller (less than 2" primary tubes) with big blocks. I've run several brands, even cheap ones, with no modification at all or "maybe" a little clearance ding here & there. It shouldn't be a problem finding headers that fit your car.

Big block or small block?

If Big block 400 or 383 the usual headers for B body 68 to 72 will work

If you got a 440 they wont !!
They will touch the steering box and be really tight .....I know I went true this problem when I replace my 383 for a 440

So I install a set from Schumacher Creative Service
A little pricier but you install them in 30 min. and no need to remove the original big starter (switch to the new small high torque any rebuilt shop got them and cheaper)
http://engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/73UP.html#head7

Auto Transport Service
Back