• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight Buckets

HEMIGTX70

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
When did the small hole buckets stop being used and the large hole buckets start being used?

20220205_132322.jpg 20220205_132354.jpg

Small buckets were used for a long time Larger ones were used for a few cars dodge and plymouth. With the 1966 Plymouth Belvedere being the oddball with single round headlight High beam/Low beam. I do not know much about pre 66 cars. But I think a 1964 Polara had a single head lights as well. I have not mentioned A bodies or C bodies. They may use either ones.. Too many cars to go through. Also think about the trucks too. Some had single head lights some had dual head lights.
1966 Plymouth Belvedere 2

mazonaws.com%2Fartandspeed%2Fimages%2F3%2F0%2F4%2F304%2F20924be276e9a_hd_1966-plymouth-belvedere.jpg

1967 Plymouth Belvedere 2
msothebys-cache.azureedge.net%2Ff%2F0%2Fb%2F5%2Fa%2Fe%2Ff0b5ae1dba519117c3f48995dd66c9f9243d17a7.jpg

Last edited:
After all that and a couple photos ... the question still remains unanswered.

After all that and a couple photos ... the question still remains unanswered.
LMAO really? Smart asses are everywhere. I was trying to show him that they were used in multiple years. So get off my balls and find some other thread to mock. Dipshit.

Thanks BeepBeepRR for your reply. I should have stated a little more clearly. All the buckets I have in the photos are the same size. They are for a 4 headlight system. I'm referring to the hole in the backside of the buckets. Two of them have larger holes than the others. I also have others here that have the larger hole in the back of the bucket. Just trying to find out what, when, was the change over. ????? More craziness.

Oh ok I thought you were talking about physical size of the bucket.

I don't know that it's necessarily year related... Could be vendor related... I've worked on unrestored cars with both styles on the same car...

Auto Transport Service
Back