• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight Buzzer/Courtesy Light Wiring?

dodge68charger

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
I Noticed On My 69 Superbee Dash Harness i Have a Provision For a Headlight Buzzer

Did The 68 and 70 B Bodys Come With These?

Are These Available Aftermarket?

Also How Would I Go About Wiring Courtesy Lights Such As From Painless Wiring?

Orange Dome Light Power To Positive ( White Wire ) and Yellow Ground Wire From Door Pin To Negative ( Black Wire )?

Thanks

I'm working on something similar right now. 1970 has a key/headlight buzzer...one buzzer, two functions. I have not seen them reproduced and the NOS ones I've seen on Ebay were about $125 range.

I ll Check Ebay

Wonder If A 1970 One Will Work On a 69 Harness

I Might Have a Spare 70 Charger Harness Kicking Around

The headlight buzzer is not really a headlight buzzer althought called like that. Originally turns on with the parking lights circuitry and on later models spliced from the bulkhead conector to feed the buzzer. Being 68s turns off front parking lights with headlights on, then should be take it from sidemarkers signal at bulkhead.

the other signal (ground) should be taken from doors jam switch. Althought on later models, the driver side door gets a diff switch from passenger side with two (or three ) prongs to take this ground for drivers convenience warning signals from a diff circuitry than the dome light which links all doors on same wiring. This will allow to buzz the buzzer just with driver’s side door.

saying this, you can take ANY buzzer with two prongs to get it work. From this:

1701028174667.jpeg

to this:

1701028228417.jpeg

Last edited:
The 70 system is a WAY DIFF system, because the 70 ign switch cylinder on column gets a provision/lever for the key in warning signal switch (attached on to the column collar) which earlies don’t have, and MaMopar made an integrated circuitry on a single buzzer with 3 prongs to work with any of the signals with closed circuitry, either the lights in or the key in. On both the function works trigering by positive by the function then the DRIVER‘S side door ground. The 70 system gets a diode to prevent a feedback on the buzzer having any of the warning signals working and feeding the other circuit (i.e. key in and driver door open what could light on parking lights throught the buzzer )

on 71 this was changed with a separated buzzers between lights and key, and the key in sensor began to work with ground signal being the buzzer fed with constant positive from fusebox

I hope this sounds clear

Last edited:
Courtesy lights are simply small dome lights on diff locations around the car. The original wiring is pink (constant batt) and yellow (doors ground cicuit). Those are the wires arriving to the dome light harness.

time delay flasher can be added if you want to keep them on some seconds ( 5-12 depending on how much time doors kept open if using the original thermal unit ) after the doors are closed. If so, then the wiring would be a bit diff than simply splice the power from dome light plug/harness, but still easy to reach, just inserting the delay unit into the positive line to the courtesy lights, and the door ground also to the delay unit. Courtesy lights would get the ground constant on this setup… chassis ground would work. That’s how the key in courtesy light works in fact… chassis ground

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back