• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlight buzzer

Thanks for the education again. It buzzes when the door is open and the key in ignition. If I remove the key, the buzzer stops.
Uhhh...THAT is the entire purpose of the buzzer....to let you know that the key is still in the column when you exit the car.

Nacho, if I’m looking to repair my burnt out diode, can I use a 4003 diode instead of a 4004? Looks like it’s a 200V diode instead of a 400V. I’m not very knowledgeable on the electrical items and curious of your opinion.
You can use any of those diodes you mentioned....as long as the rated voltage is at least 50Volts. The diode simply blocks the flow of electricity....think of it as a turnstile - the power can only flow in one direction, but it needs enough power to block heavier objects (high voltages in the diode's case)

Uhhh...THAT is the entire purpose of the buzzer....to let you know that the key is still in the column when you exit the car.

and will keep buzzing if the diode is conected ( with the lights on buzzer option ) and the lights are on... untill lights are turned off along with the key out and driver side door is open.

with door closed will of course quiets off the buzzer too.

Auto Transport Service
Back