• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner quality from Classic Industries

Denis Arseneau

Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Ordered a new headliner and bows from Classic Industries and finally installed it yesterday. Car is a 73 Roadrunner and headliner is a black non perforated Part#MB303501 and bows part# MP19003. Had a good friend help me, well he did most of the work. He's an excellent body man and has installed many headliners throughout his career. The headliner material was so thick that it had no give to it, took us all day just to install it. Also had to modify the bows stays with a small bead of weld so it wouldn't go completely in the holes. He has never seen a headliner of that quality (or lack of) and compared it to almost the thickness of a convertible material. So I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. And before anyone chimes in on "you get what you pay for" it was part of a larger order. :BangHead:

So how did it turn out? You satisfied? Was he satisfied? Or are you back to the drawing board? And sorry no I have experience with classic.

There's still a couple of wrinkles, hopefully will straighten out in time. Even using the heat gun didn't make a difference. Will get a pic up soon before moving it to a friends garage for the winter.

I ordered a headliner from Classic Industries for my. 1964 Dodge Polara 4-door hardtop. This was the only place that advertised one for my car. I had a professional install it. It installed OK and looks great. The wrinkles all went away. I am totally happy with the result.

So... it's installed and you both had a hard time doing it. Usually a wrinkle will disappear as the liner "sets" with the proper tension.

Zero issues with mine.. and I'd never installed one before. It's definitely not a 10 minute job..
beerestoration2017 1238.JPG

Took us 5 hours to install. As mentioned at first that it is a non-perforated headliner. Even with both of us pulling on one side, still couldn't get some wrinkles out. Material just wouldn't give.
a20211121_143450.jpg
a20211121_143452.jpg
a20211121_143516.jpg
a20211121_143523.jpg
a20211121_143530.jpg

I have one laying out flat now getting ready to put in the 71 (6 bow). I'm going to make sure the garage is really warm and use a heat gun as little as possible if at all. Maybe over summer they will relieve themselves. I'm not gonna worry about it but, it would bug me

Yeah, will wait and see if it straightens itself out. Got other important things to work on like getting the engine going (exhaust, transmission lines, gas lines, shifter mechanism install, you know the endless list lol)

Yeah, will wait and see if it straightens itself out. Got other important things to work on like getting the engine going (exhaust, transmission lines, gas lines, shifter mechanism install, you know the endless list lol)
I feel ya. Did it all this summer myself. No more from scratch for me as I ve done it enough times for more than one person. Next one I'm forkin over dead presidents...

Did one one 67 Gtx, very wrinkled out of box , found laying it in outside sun , allowed a wrinkle free install , don’t remember the perforated supplier ! Warmth is your friend! Still a pain but a necessary one!

Auto Transport Service
Back