• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Tack Strip

bandit

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
Finishing up a headliner install on my Charger. Have it glued along the sides and at package tray but just pulled tight over the tack strips at front and back windows.

Do you glue along the tack strips too?

beerestoration2017 1177.JPG
beerestoration2017 1178.JPG
beerestoration2017 1167.JPG
beerestoration2017 1168.JPG
beerestoration2017 1173.JPG

Thanks, I appreciate it. I can just pull those sections back and glue them.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I can just pull those sections back and glue them.
Yes, I put my entire headliner in with ZERO glue and then went back and glued down just the OUTSIDE edges. I've seen way too many cars where someone goes nuts with sprayed glue, while installing, and ends up matting up the interior edges getting them stuck where they shouldn't be. If your happy with the install and it's tightness, just lift a small section at a time (you can see me doing so with the flat screwdriver) and contact cement in place. No need to pull anything off the teeth.

I saw one of your earlier posts about clipping it in first and went at it that way. First time install so can't compare to straight gluing but I think that helped a lot. Made it easy to do adjustments. I used a combo of clamps and the mounting clips and worked great. Peeled back bit by bit and glued once it looked good. Nice tip!! Thanks

Got everything glued up and all the hardware screwed back in. Now to work on these left over wrinkles.......

Auto Transport Service
Back