• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner

68rrdream

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
My 1967 belvedere 4 door needs the headliner done. Anybody done this? How hard is it?

I've looked up some videos of related cars. Doesn't look terrible but wanted some advice before I start it.

It’s not overly difficult. Take your time, let the headliner sit in the sun for a few hours and use some clips (clothes line or similar).

I did my Firebird and helped my father-in-law with his 70 Bug. I agree with @5.7 hemi and I would add to make sure when you remove the rods, make sure they go in the same place.

Helped a buddy put one in his Chevelle. Used a kettle and a hair dryer to take out the last little wrinkles. Make sure you have lots of material hanging out before the steam treatment.
No it never happened. But it was getting close to notice. You know what I'm saying. Gets pretty tight. Be careful if you use steam. Maybe I should of never mentioned it. But it is a help in certain applications.

Yep, I did mine in the Roadrunner, and I’ve done a few others, including in my 66 Cuda. It’s a pretty easy job to do if you take your time. I think I did the Roadrunner in about 4 hours.

6B1DE9B9-1113-48B3-8309-FDF53621754B.jpeg

DC3E8AB2-EAFB-4629-AA5B-155BB3E7B381.jpeg

One thing that will help is to put all the screws back in .
Visors , garment hooks, dome light ect.
Have them all just started so they stand out.
Then once your good with the liner placement you can just make a tiny cut to each screw head.

Auto Transport Service
Back