• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat working but not a/c

TNMOPARMAN

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Ok my heat works like a champ, and i hear something happen when i switch to A/C but then just hott air, all lines are sealed, all components are ice cold under the hood. what can i do here?

I think someone told me that once before how can i check this i have taken the glove box out and checked every vacum switch i can see each seems be working but kind flying blind under there as to what exactly i'm looking for, anyone got pics?

I think the valve looks kinda like a vacumn advance canister sitting on your airbox with a rod going to the door hinge. have someone move the control and see if the rod moves. Someone will correct me if i,m wrong.

You know, I went for a couple of weeks without a heater simply because I forgot to hook up the vacuum line to the motor....
DOH!

You know, I went for a couple of weeks without a heater simply because I forgot to hook up the vacuum line to the motor....
DOH!
You know what? I just realized I dont have any vaccumn hooked to the motor either.

Ok i will dive back under there today, see what i can do. Same note though if anyone has a chance to take pictures of exactly what i need to do or see etc i'd really appreciate it I have a manual but its just about useless on this.

Ok i will dive back under there today, see what i can do. Same note though if anyone has a chance to take pictures of exactly what i need to do or see etc i'd really appreciate it I have a manual but its just about useless on this.

This is an A/C unit from a '68 B-Body. Note it has 3 vacuum units which control the air ducts. Hope this helps.

AC.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back