• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater valve O ring and valve gasket

Red63440

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Who carries the correct O ring and the heather control valve to heater body gasket for a 1964 Plymouth Fury?

03ED56EF-742C-49D6-807D-63D586A87BBE.jpeg

85F5BA74-590D-4F1B-8C3D-27E1FB638982.jpeg

The large O ring within the valve is NAPA 6601000.
The heather control valve to heater body gasket does not exist, I made my own.
DMT (Detroit Muscle Tech) makes everything else for the heater, including the firewall O ring foam pieces.

I bought the kit from DMT I will just need the O ring and gasket.
Thank you!

Is the O ring you speak of the one for the heater valve to core seal?

No, it is the one for the actual control part.

Heater valve pipe to core o-ring, iirc I found multiple replies on a number of threads with various o-ring sizes to use.
I believe I ended up just sourcing one locally or in my stash that fit.

My local John Deere dealer had it.
P/n R27564
Local auto parts stores did not have the o ring

Not the o-ring but the rubber valve internal to the control housing.
20150308_141606.jpg

Heater control valve? After a few stabs with different o-rings I gave up, bypassing the core saying I'll tackle it someday. Only drive the car in summer and after 5 years, have thought it would be great to have defrost on maybe 3 occasions. Putting in new carpeting and a modified console any coolant leak would be more nasty. Now after a 2nd neck fusion, looks like it will be someone else putting it in after my car is in someone else's possession.

This is the only o-ring I can recall after rebuilding mine.
20230303_134418.jpg

The o ring showen in post #10 is what I got at my JD dealer. Part #R 27564. Fits on the valve end that slided into heater core.

Auto Transport Service
Back