• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hedman 78070 shorty install

racerx20

Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
About to install these
IMG-2007.jpg

In here (72 B-body 440)
IMG-2009.jpg

I am going to attempt to keep the factory studs in my 915's, any one else install these Hedman's and keep the studs? Will undo the driver's motor mount and jack her a bit, any other tips?

I actually tried to install those on my 71 440 B-body. I had clearance issues and the shortys would touch the inner fenderwells prior to getting the motor to seat into the motor mounts. I believe Hedman's website said they were a fit, but not for me. I ended up getting Hedman longtube ceramic headers and they ended up fitting.....

About to install these
View attachment 1095273
In here (72 B-body 440)
View attachment 1095274

I am going to attempt to keep the factory studs in my 915's, any one else install these Hedman's and keep the studs? Will undo the driver's motor mount and jack her a bit, any other tips?
I took both motor mounts loose, jacked up the engine as far as it would go. Then I put the left one in from the bottom. It was a pain in the *** because of the starter. I don't remember whether I put the right one in from the top or bottom but it must not have been to big of a bitch or I think I would remember, LOL. Also I never removed the exhaust manifold studs. Mine weren't the shorty's either. I like to be able to access the collector bolts easily.

Thanks for the replies. I will pull the starter just in case, crazy b/c you'll hear one person say they fit awesome then hear they didn't work at all. I will soon find out.

Thanks for the replies. I will pull the starter just in case, crazy b/c you'll hear one person say they fit awesome then hear they didn't work at all. I will soon find out.
I have mainly used those headers on my 2wd and 4wd big block pickups and ramchargers and they work great for that and also I always keep the studs in the heads, sometimes you might have to shorten some of the studs to make them work but less chance of coolant leaks and broken off studs when you are trying to remove them from where they have been for over 50 years.

Are you done yet ? What’s taking so long

LOL

Interested in how this works out

Been thinking about shorties , however on a 383 in a 71 B Body

Yup, always different outcomes. One thing i didn't mention is that I didn't have stock heads, they were on performer RPM heads which have could have made a slight difference.....

Are you done yet ? What’s taking so long

LOL

Interested in how this works out

Been thinking about shorties , however on a 383 in a 71 B Body

Hah..have a few spring events to get through, will report back when they’re on.

Auto Transport Service
Back