• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellcat out run police.............and their chopper.

Yup...old news.....and channel 13 gets a LOT of things wrong lol but I'm sure so do most others. You also have to take into consideration that the View also is aired on channel 13 :D

There's a channel on YouTube called "Bavarian MOPAR Works" (BMW) that has an American in Germany with a Hellcat Charger.
He's had it on the Nürburgring several times terrorizing the locals (you know, folks over there think all American iron are pigs that
can't handle, etc.) and zips down the Autobahn with it also.
He's having a blast with his friend and the car, who apparently is a good enough racer to wrangle the thing on the track at
ridiculous speeds. :)

Last edited:
They all find in time its hard to out run a radio or phone.
"Can't outrun a Motorola", yeah yeah.
One should never try, of course, but it all depends on the situation, too.
In remote parts of the planet, it can still be done.
Don't ask. :)

"Can't outrun a Motorola", yeah yeah.
One should never try, of course, but it all depends on the situation, too.
In remote parts of the planet, it can still be done.
Don't ask. :)
The air patrol is pretty hard to outrun too.
Need to be in a no-fly zone to even the odds a bit.

Up here shopping on snowmobiles is big. Modern sleds will go from 0-120 in the blink of an eye.
The only way for the State Patrol to catch them is with a bird.

Only Kowolski could do it with a little help of fiction...

Really? I'm the only one with "I ditched the cops" stories from my youth?
I doubt that.

No, you are not. But I got caught a couple times. Got back home in a '67 GTX, not street legal car (was on a little test n tune blast), but because of crap in the garage I couldn't get the very *** end all the way in. Closed the door as far as I could, but the siren was getting close ! Was hoping he would go by and then I could get the car in. They flew by, and then I heard him lock em up. Spent next 3 days in jail. Also outran a cop on my Kawasaki 900 once. Easy peasy, right !!?? Well, I doubled back on a different road and I could see something in the road way up ahead. Yep, cop parked sideways across road waiting for me. He later told me a "good Samaritan" on a cb called in my route back to highway. At least no jail that day, although I should have, but that's another story.

The cops caught the guy after an hour long chase. If you outrun the cops doesnt that mean that you got away?

I've ran away before in my 79 trans am ! I got lucky I was being a stupid kid doing Donut's in a parking lot , after the smoke cleared there was a cop car in the McDonald's across the street I took off car wasn't tagged or insured I went balls out for a bit till I got a ways down the road then off into a sub division and found a nice dark cubby to park in left yje car and went a street away called for a ride . Went and got car a few days later brought the title witch was open and not dated so if I got stopped I could say I just bought it !

Ducked a cop once at a cross road. I had the stop sign and my room mate said to nail it after the cop went by. My old 66 Belvedere with a poly would never turn a tire unless it was on something slick and guess it was that day because it barked a tire. Saw the cop making a quick U-turn so kept my foot in it and then made a quick right turn and ducked behind a parked car. Guess he didn't look because he went blasting down the road that I turned off of. Another two blocks and safe inside the garage. Luckily, that day there was room enough for it to go in lol

Ditched a local cop. Got me easy, knew my car called my house ,just gave me a little talking too.

Ditched a local cop. Got me easy, knew my car called my house ,just gave me a little talking too.
Kinda surprised that the cop didn't know me or just wanted to give me a scare. The Belvedere was the only car in town that was yellow with a black vinyl top.

Too Many of them to post. Small town, high school, cops were over at my house a lot.

Yeah I did it twice with different results. Junior year my '67 GTO convert was arguably the quickest or in the top 3 anyway as a recall. I got challenged often to do a quick race on the school frontage road or do a burnout. One day I did the latter and go figure the assistant principal was watching with a local PD officer as he ran to his squad. There was a subdivision nearby and took off finding an open garage and pulled in there. Couple years later in my '70 Cuda the results were not so good...gun jammed to my head, booked, printed, reckless driving, big fine, and 6 weeks of driving classes to keep my license...

The cops caught the guy after an hour long chase. If you outrun the cops doesnt that mean that you got away?
Yeah, If one is caught in the chase then surely one did not achieve the objective of outrunning.
In 71 I did outrun a cop in the desert with a spank new 71 VW bug, had only owned it for about 5 hours.

How the Heck do you outrun anything in a bug???? That has to be a hell of a story.

Auto Transport Service
Back