• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellcat swapped 64 dodge 440

RonP

Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Finally starting to get everything sorted out fairly decent on the car. Got to do some suspension tuning yesterday on a not so great track, but heading in the right direction.

5.81 in the 1/8th and 9.19 1/4.

Not a great video but its the only one I got of the 1/4 pass.

Last edited:
Great run, looks like 60' was excellent too.

Ok, so after the above post, I watched the video. I've got to ask you, is that Hellcat engine setup stock or have you boosted the output? If you have boosted the power, what did you do and appx how much power is it putting out?
What a GREAT combo!!
Classic bad *** body style w/modern bad *** tech and that tech is in the form of a SUPERCHARGED HEMI !!

Ok, so after the above post, I watched the video. I've got to ask you, is that Hellcat engine setup stock or have you boosted the output? If you have boosted the power, what did you do and appx how much power is it putting out?
What a GREAT combo!!
Classic bad *** body style w/modern bad *** tech and that tech is in the form of a SUPERCHARGED HEMI !!

Thanks

Hellcat takeout engine:
Lower 10% ATI
Upper hellraiser 2.72 pulley
ID1050X injectors
TTI headers

The rest of engine is 100% stock

Using hellcrate PCM kit. I tune with HpTuners

Cope 727 with T-Brake
A reworked PTC converter that was originally way too loose and they didn't want to work with me on tightening it up. Atlantic coast converter changed it up some, but its still needs tightened a little more down track. They are building me a new one now.
Leave off brake at 2400, flashes to 5,000 or so. Shift 6500-6600

Dana 60, ladder bars with 3.73 gear. race weight is 3710

Finally starting to get everything sorted out fairly decent on the car. Got to do some suspension tuning yesterday on a not so great track, but heading in the right direction.

5.81 in the 1/8th and 9.19 1/4.

Not a great video but its the only one I got of the 1/4 pass.

Now that there is delivering the mail on time.
Great combo. Was your MPH about 145-??????
I would suspect this combo's magic also comes from about 500 pounds less weight.
Imagine what that combo would do in a 2900 LB platform.
Congrats and have fun breaking hearts and souls.

Thanks

Hellcat takeout engine:
Lower 10% ATI
Upper hellraiser 2.72 pulley
ID1050X injectors
TTI headers

The rest of engine is 100% stock

Using hellcrate PCM kit. I tune with HpTuners

Cope 727 with T-Brake
A reworked PTC converter that was originally way too loose and they didn't want to work with me on tightening it up. Atlantic coast converter changed it up some, but its still needs tightened a little more down track. They are building me a new one now.
Leave off brake at 2400, flashes to 5,000 or so. Shift 6500-6600

Dana 60, ladder bars with 3.73 gear. race weight is 3710

:thumbsup: :thankyou: and :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

Pretty impressive. My 15-1. 572 is only about .20 quicker and 300lbs lighter
Doug

Now that there is delivering the mail on time.
Great combo. Was your MPH about 145-??????
I would suspect this combo's magic also comes from about 500 pounds less weight.
Imagine what that combo would do in a 2900 LB platform.
Congrats and have fun breaking hearts and souls.

Thanks, the MPH was 143.85

Pretty impressive. My 15-1. 572 is only about .20 quicker and 300lbs lighter
Doug

The car had a 572 in it when I bought it and it was a 10th slower than this best pass so far. I fell in love with this car, I just wish it was lighter. I am hoping to get a 9.0 out of this combo.

Man, forget these old dinosaur engines, let's all go to HELL and be the coolest CATS in town. LOL.

LOL, well one things is for sure, it doesn't sound anything like my 572.

Congrats, some really nice passes too :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing the combos, times & videos :bananadance:

that was sweet,thanks for the video

Thanks, the MPH was 143.85

The car had a 572 in it when I bought it and it was a 10th slower than this best pass so far. I fell in love with this car, I just wish it was lighter. I am hoping to get a 9.0 out of this combo.

LOL, well one things is for sure, it doesn't sound anything like my 572.
I wish I had videos of some of my best passes let alone slips. I'd lose my own shadow if I weren't looking for it. LOL.

PS: That car can be lightened in more ways than one. Trust me on that.

I tell you what, Lets install that whole combo in my light-box and that should give you a measure of how much faster you will go. That's of course providing if you can pry back the combo from my bear hug. LOL.

If it were me, I'd hold off on a weight loss program and get that puppy figured out with convertor and other modest goodies. You should be able to stumble into the 8 ball zone with no sweat.

Good luck. Wait a minute, you already have that.

Very impressive for sure. No downside to using the new drivetrains that I see. nice car!
KID

That's the first Hellcat I've heard uncorked. Gotta say I like it. :thumbsup:
Your rascal definitely hooks and books. Looks like a blast!

Nice job Ron! Looking forward to seeing it at Rockingham!

Auto Transport Service
Back