• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello All!

Sprad

Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
So I guess I'm one of the new guys. I'm Jeremy from Santa Cruz, CA. I just picked up my dream car, 1970 Roadrunner! I will post some pics here in a while. It isn't much to look at now but it will be. It was in the field for about 25 years before we hauled it out. The guy had three of them. I got the worst of the bunch, traded my motorcycle for it. I'm so stoked to be a part. I will have a lot of questions, like why is it so hard to find side scoops!? I did get a lot of extra parts to trade but more than anything, do any of you guys live around the Bay Area?
Thanks for letting me in, I'm trying to learn the secrete handshake!
Jeremy

F089B590-2A04-47B1-B526-8F6EE8F6A3C6.jpeg

Hey there, Jeremy....Welcome from Granite Bay. I'm just East of Sacramento.
You might have some luck checking with the biggest Bay Area Mopar club : Mopar Alley. Several members of that club are also members here. As far as mechanical stuff, most drivetrain and suspension stuff crosses over with Coronet and Charger parts. Good luck.

Morning Jeremy, it appears that you have an excellent project and you will find lots of answers here. Many knowledgeable Mopar people abound. A hardy welcome from the Pacific Northwest. :welcome:
Bob :moparsmiley:

Welcome to the club. Nice project with some of that great California sheet metal.

Welcome aboard from NJ. Thanks for posting the picture as well. Looks like a nice project. Best of luck with it!

Hi Jeremy, :welcome: Nice choice of a project car, good luck! Looking forward to seeing more of it.
As for the side scoops, I've wondered about that too. They seem to always be in short supply because nobody makes replacements. You'd think they'd be small enough that someone could reproduce them in a 3d printer...

Hello from north of the Bay Area, in the whine country!
Another resource for you would be Wine Country Mopar.
Enjoy your project!

W----T----T----F
E----O----H---O
L---------E----R
C--------------U
O--------------M
M----------------
E----------------​

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. You already stumbled onto the secret handshake by posting at least one pic of your ride in the first post. If you hadn’t we’d have been all over you. Nice project - good luck with her.

Wow! What a welcome. Thank all of you for the responses! I will try to post more pics and start a garage. I'm still figuring out all the ins and outs here.
One question for you guys, (this time) this car doesn't have a lot of the original parts. I checked the tag and found all the info on the car. The original color was, and if anyone has one this color, no offense!, sand pebble beige.
Here is the question, was that a very unique color? Is the car going to be worth more if I match that because there were only 4 cars total painted that color?? I really want the burnt orange. Again, it isn't numbers matching on many other items so I just wanted some Mopar guys ideas.
Thanks again for all the posts!
Jeremy

More pics. Note what is left of the side "road runner" badge. I just wanted to write "doesn't" in front of it and "YET" after it!

FB1D053A-A9DB-43E2-A4E7-4196A1C14A00.jpeg 2F39D3B0-A462-44BC-9E08-37B436D23ABE.jpeg 5B5F2CE6-04BB-4949-836C-D7F44D5BBAEA.jpeg

Some of us build these cars with the intention of pleasing others or to ensure a higher resale value. Guys like ME build the car to please themselves. Which guy are you?

Auto Transport Service
Back