• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello B-Body folks.......

I guess the other 293 got one that was formed reverse to mine or they all installed it to the window pinch weld to kinda make it work vs the fact it is supposed to attach (actually stapled) to the package tray. I appreciate the offerings and will have to find my invoice and I also appreciate, like I said, YO's 30 + years of being there in the reproduction industry from the days of when there was nobody else. The way to stay on top in the industry though is to be the best. We see **** every day that makes our heads shake, it takes no extra money to mould a plastic part exactly like the OE than it does to make a 95% correct reproduction. That's the stuff that drives us nuts and costs us money as we continue to search for 100% correct parts.

The offer stands. All of this insight is clearly understood and we agree on all. I am contacting TRIM PARTS to see what we can figure out as they make this item. They typically make pretty good pieces. Thanks for the time..

Welcome to the group. As you can tell, us Mopar guys have had it rough the last twenty years compared to the other brands. Thank you much for what you've done for the brand and the restoration industry.

The offer stands. All of this insight is clearly understood and we agree on all. I am contacting TRIM PARTS to see what we can figure out as they make this item. They typically make pretty good pieces. Thanks for the time..
If they want more detail of the OE part to do so just let me know, both my '69 Bee and my '70 Bird have the exact same extrusion and they are both currently loose and not attached to the cars.

If they want more detail of the OE part to do so just let me know, both my '69 Bee and my '70 Bird have the exact same extrusion and they are both currently loose and not attached to the cars.

I will let you know. I have RnD contacting them. I want to show them there piece with the package tray we have. Thanks for offer and stay tuned.

Welcome to the group. As you can tell, us Mopar guys have had it rough the last twenty years compared to the other brands. Thank you much for what you've done for the brand and the restoration industry.

I think that the Mopar group has had it best over the last 60 years. The cars are the coolest and most desireable of most all. It is simply making parts is really expensive. BE glad you are not into BUICK or OLDS. Not near as much stuff.

I think that the Mopar group has had it best over the last 60 years. The cars are the coolest and most desireable of most all. It is simply making parts is really expensive. BE glad you are not into BUICK or OLDS. Not near as much stuff.
The tooling is very expensive for a small niche but when a part is made why not get the tooling right the first time?

I have to agree, speaking from someone who actually has a Mopar....they are the coolest....:thumbsup:

A mould cost is just steel and the labour to build it, nothing else and it takes very little extra to make it 100% correct. I co own a plastic injection moulding business and have since 1985. Started shop making TRW's first locking PLASTIC seat belt mechanism for the GM line, so I have the "get it right the first time" mentality imbedded into me! Make that beaten working Tier 2 for GM.

You can use code Thanks10 which will give you a 10% discount on eligible items. You can use FORE30 and it will give you up to 30 percent off on discountable items. This item has been sold over 300 times here with 8 returns. This will be 9. How many folks never say a word, I do not know. The old paper coupon could not be used. use the electronic one I told you about. Either one is always there. We are not teasing at all here. We truly are enthusiasts and we want our customers to be happy. I am one of the owners of YR1 speaking with you now. If you wish, you can private message me and I will get you a store credit for what you paid and if you would like to personally speak about it we could even do that.
That's awesome customer service. Thank you for your attention to this matter and for your contribution to our hobby.
PS Post up some pics of your cars and projects...We love car **** at FBBO!!
Here is my 1963 Dodge Polara 440.

20180824_192903.jpg

Advise, get your supplier to make a correct B body rear window package tray to window rubber. I couldn't be bothered to send it all the way back across the border and had even paid extra due to the shipping length to get it. Absolutely upside down and backwards with no way to use it in a B Body Dodge!

OE on the left and your unusable, in no sense of the imagination, repro on the right.

Have you started using the Postal system yet for shipping??? as UPS is an absolute PITA across the border. And two pictures just to show how long I've been buying things from YOne... my 1989 Catalog. Can I use the discount coupons???
:canada:

View attachment 722563 View attachment 722564 View attachment 722571 View attachment 722572

What year make and model is your car?
Advise, get your supplier to make a correct B body rear window package tray to window rubber. I couldn't be bothered to send it all the way back across the border and had even paid extra due to the shipping length to get it. Absolutely upside down and backwards with no way to use it in a B Body Dodge!

OE on the left and your unusable, in no sense of the imagination, repro on the right.

Have you started using the Postal system yet for shipping??? as UPS is an absolute PITA across the border. And two pictures just to show how long I've been buying things from YOne... my 1989 Catalog. Can I use the discount coupons???
:canada:

View attachment 722563 View attachment 722564 View attachment 722571 View attachment 722572

dadsbee- I need to know how to contact you to discuss this piece.... YR1

I keep meaning to send you a PM and you can do the same, wife has me tied up in house renos! :mad: .. so I haven't had time to dig out my invoice for the trim piece and other items I had in the same shipment.

To bring this back to light after just shy of a Month and to show that Year One @YEARONE indeed went the extra mile to get to the bottom of this rear glass trim piece... this showed up at my door yesterday on the Brown truck after I'd received a slightly cryptic email from Kevin King, President of Year One, just 2 days prior asking for my address.
beepackagetraytrimyearone 002.JPG

Kevin and his group have been going back and forth with Trim Parts on this matter and it appears in some cases Dodge used a trim piece similar to what I was first shipped that slipped onto the pinch weld BEFORE butyl and back glass install (appears to be that way in the FSM as well were they call out a gap spacer install, then butyl). I personally don't remember my Dodge with anything but the trim piece I have that installs to the package tray before being slid into place, just like the one in my Bird. Considering there were three assembly plants building Coronets not surprising there are variances to vehicles. Anyhow, Kevin shipped me their stock "Plymouth" package tray to back glass trim and it, while not 100% OE correct, does fit very well once slipped onto the tray and nobody could probably tell the difference looking through the glass. Not rubbery like the OE but a hardish plastic and thickness and ribbing not as broad, but as I said once in place none of this can be seen anyhow.

Year One is going to make an addendum to their website information showing the two profiles and state for you to be certain of which you want before ordering, with better pictures showing said profiles to help you out.

I now have Kevin's personal cell phone and email address for any future concerns as well !

A job well done guys and here are pictures of the OE, Plymouth repro middle and what is apparently Dodge on the right... but of course it cannot be installed after the fact (has to go in before glass). Other pictures show the OE on a tray and then the reproduction.
beepackagetraytrimyearone 014.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 016.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 049.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 020.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 028.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 029.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 034.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 035.JPG beepackagetraytrimyearone 036.JPG

I’ve rarely used YO for two reasons. 1. Shipping charges are ridiculous 2. Whenever they have the 30% discount code it almost never applies to parts I’m in need of. Too narrow of a focus for the sale. I always did the comparison but SummitRacing always seemed to be more reasonable. Shipping is my main bitch. Other than that - Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. Glad to have you as a sponsor. You are a fine company.

The curve still looks way off in comparison to the original.......
All stuff that was discussed with Kevin in length. The profile of the extrusion is correct and works fine in the window as shown in picture #4. One end of the extrusion, after being bent for the "wing" of the window maintained the correct shape and the picture of the other end shows how it opened up and is standing up straight. Possibly a storage issue (all stood on end in a rack) or a forming issue. Kevin is looking into which so it gets corrected. The part while definitely not viable in the OE world will work just fine for 95% of buyers... you and I are just odd and will continue sourcing NOS and good used OE! :eek:

We definitely need 1964 Plymouth Belvedere interior parts reproduced
Please

Last edited:
While I understand the WHY of not seeing many 1967 parts being repoed I will ask yet again. PLEASE give us some love.....I mean, it was the VERY FIRST R/T ever produced. That alone should get some attention from the industry.....

NO on the thirty year old coupons. I agree with testing as many parts as possible. Unfortunately not all of them are. We rely on feedback from customers to instruct if there is an issue just like all others. We build cars here as you probably know. Thus, we test all the time. We find really good pieces and we find many that are not so good. When we do, we tell vendor and also attempt to tell customer how part will need to be modified. We ship parts via post office every day.
I bought a dash harness from Year One. It went it like it was meant to. Total plug, and play with no problem. I did not use a painless, or Ron Francis stuff because not that they are not good or anything. When it comes to that kind of wiring I have the attention span of a sixth grader.

I do hope you and your team will be active here.......

As for me I am strictly an NOS guy with little need of reproduction parts.....however, there are many members here that will take full advantage of your deals and just make sure to post threads when you do......we all live here and not to often venture into a tricky website or a 2” thick book....

Being an Oldis Farticus I like to go thru those 2" thick books every once in awhile - reminds me of years past when the new Sears & Roebuck catalog would come out - such excitement.... LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back