• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, B-Body-philes!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

nice 69 Charger

I am the original owner of 1969 Dodge Charger, XP29H9B280166, special-ordered at Tait's Huntsville Dodge in Huntsville, Alabama on 15 January 1969. My wife chose the color (Light Green Metallic, Code F3) and she left it to me to order it with the 383 HP engine, 4-speed, and black vinyl. We took delivery on 5 February 1969.
We have put 178,283 happy miles on the car. It has taken us to the top of Pikes Peak (1973), to Mexico City (1975) and to our new home in eastern North Carolina (1979). Sadly, it was plowed into while minding its own business by a geezer who said "My gas pedal stuck, and I just looked for something to slow me down." Repaired, visually well, by the dealer -- but underneath the brazing job was a mess. I took it off the road in 1996 to tear into the bodywork myself. Restoration of a 1966 Austin-Healey 3000 (which has become our "fun" car) and a 1973 MG Midget interfered, and the car has languished in the garage since then. I started and warmed up the engine occasionally, and it has been running fine. My wife reminded me that if we were ever going to see our Charger on the road again, it needed to be finished soon, and done right. The engine is now out for rebuild, and I'm ready to contract for the body restoration.

View attachment 1320349

View attachment 1320350

View attachment 1320351

View attachment 1320352

View attachment 1320353

View attachment 1320354

View attachment 1320356
Update on the restoration. Steve Barr of Barr's Classic Auto Restoration in Greenville, NC picked up the car yesterday. He did a repair and paint job on my '73 MG Midget and did a great job. I expect this one will be just as good.
Going to Greenville.jpg

Nice. My 70 Challenger was that color originally, changed it to Sublime. Welcome from the central coast of Cali.

Auto Transport Service
Back