• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Alberta Canada!

6speedGTX

Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm working on a 1971 GTX. This has been my project for about 10 years now. I keep getting sidetracked with life and a family! I'm hoping that this time I actually finish the car instead of setting it to the side again.

The car was originally a 440-4bbl auto car. It didn't have any decent options, power 4 wheel drums and an open 8 3/4 with 3.23s. The car is stripped down to a bare shell at the moment, with the engine, transmission and front suspension mocked up in it. Its still running a 440 but with a mass flo EFI system, viper t-56 and an RMS AlterKtion front end. The rear will be going 4 link but I haven't decided which setup I will run yet. Ill post some pics if I can figure out how!

I have been coming to this site for a lot of info in the past and I look forward to being part of the community! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
wasn't if sure this was a post or ? well hi and welcome to the site when you get a chance make a post about your self and post some photos of your car or cars :thinker:

Hi! I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, my first post isn't up.... anyways,
I am working on a 71 GTX. I have had the car for about 10 years and it has been an "off and on" project. Life and having a family has been getting in the way! I am hoping that this is going to be the last "on" that I need to finish it.

This was a 440 4bbl auto car originally. The car is a bare shell at the moment with the engine, transmission and front suspension mocked up in it. It has a 440 with Mass Flo EFI viper t-56 and an RMS alterKtion. Its still a long way from being fishished but I have pretty well everything needed to get it back together aside from a few small odds and ends. Now I just need to find the time!

I look forward to being part of the FBBO community, thanks for having me here.View attachment 96785View attachment 96786View attachment 96787View attachment 96788

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man, what part of Alberta.

I am about 25 minutes North of Calgary...

Hi Neighbor! Welcome aboard. Looks like an interesting project you have going. I'm sure some people here will want to know more about the 6-speed insertion! -=Photon440=-

Welcome to the Site ....

Nicely lil project that you have there, and Keep up the good work ....

Welcome aboard!
Nice car and project!
Thanks for joining.
PS: I used to go "up there" years ago, Edmonton Alberta witht he United States Air Force. Brrr...cold winters!
Nice place!
I can remember going to a very large MALL, they had a water park inside. It would be in the dead of winter and we'd be in that water park.
We would watch the Edmonton Oilers practice...yup...THAT Team! (Perhaps the best ever)
Again, thank you for becomijng a member.
"super-bee_ski"

welcome to FBBO & nice 71 GTX project, I know how it is to get side tracked & have life, house & the family all get in the way, of completing my current 68 RR RM23 project, my #13th 1968-71 RR, I have 7 years in this car now, going to be a resto-rod/pro-touring somewhat, when it's done, I had a couple at the same time for a while, but still procrastinating anyway...LOL...

Thanks for the warm welcome! The 6 speed install hasn't been too bad so far, although I am not too deep into it yet! It is amazing though how much life can get in the way of a project. I have been trying to do an hour of work on the old girl a day, that way at least something gets done. Of course that hour doesn't always happen!

Cool car! Welcome to the site! Lots of great info and help here.

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back