• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Carson City, NV

wilmacmike

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
I just found this forum a few days ago. Its awesome.

I had a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 in high school as my first car. It had the 426 wedge, four speed in the console. I bought it off of my uncle Frank in 1970. My gramps bought it for him in 64 as a graduation present from high school.

He blew up the motor some years later. When I bought it the motor was out of it and sitting in a field somewhere. Never did find it.

My dad and I drove up to my grandfathers ranch and installed a 383 motor in it.

Fired it up and drove it home to San Jose, Ca. I had a lot of fun in that car.

Drove my high school sweetheart all over in it.

The first year was very interesting as we were getting litterly hundreds of black widow spiders out from under the seats, the dash, defroster vents, the fenders, any where they could hide they were coming out. Took several weeks to get rid of them.

We got married, had a son, and then a family car. I then sold it back to my uncle (stupid me). He sold it to someone else. I have been looking for it ever sense.

In the mean time I have purchased about three other Polara 500's. Life got in the way each time and I had to sell them.

However, It looks like I maybe inheriting a 1964 Polara 500 from my same uncles older brother Vince (another uncle) who bought his Polara from the same dealer at the same time my grandfather bought the other Polara.

My uncle Vince has had his Polara since it was brand new. It has the smaller 318 in it, with the automatic and console shifter. Believe me when I say "this one will not be sold"!

Anyways, I wanted to say high. Lets see if this Polara does make it over my garage.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome to FBBO. Interesting story. Glad you've begun to enjoy another mopar. This site is a huge support network for any one that owns a mopar or desires to own one. Glad you joined - enjoy!

:welcome: aboard!

Let's see some pictures of that baby if you bring it home!

We'll be waitingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I'm from Minden and would like to see some pictures of your car.

Hey, Howyadoin? Welcome.

Welcome form Southern Nevada !!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

cool story too

Welcome. We drive 88 over Carson Pass to Reno. I've been to the Eagles Nest. Nice part of the world.

Well I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the warm welcome to this wonderful group of Mopar (ers).

I finally was able to pick up the 64 Polara from my uncle Vince a couple of weeks ago.

I will sit down and give you the story on how this car became available to me in a bit. I have to run off to the doctors to deal with some health issues that have popped up.

I'll see if I can post some pictures of it also.

Again, Thank you.

This is a great site.

God Bless America!

Welcome from Canada,and congrats on the polara.Best wishes and good luck with the health situation,We are here to help:thumbsup::canada:

Auto Transport Service
Back