• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Melbourne Australia

Hey Guys,
Here's an update on the progress. All major body work has been completed & now fitting up the Subframe Connectors & Torque Boxes.
Subframe Connectors1.jpg

Nice work there. :thumbsup:

Try getting in touch with @monroegtx - Glenn is a neat guy and has a '70 GTX - different but similar. And he lives on the north side of Melbourne. :)

Ahh, Queensland !!!. Wish I was there right now, it hasn't stopped raining where we are in Melbourne. Yes I tried Year One, but again they couldn't confirm that if I ordered them, I would receive the exact calipers I need. I then ordered from Rock Auto, which I have received, but haven't had the chance to fit them up yet. They seem to look OK. At least they both match each other. not like the ones I received from Summit.
RockAuto was my next suggestion. Hope they work well.

Hi Vipertec, nice looking car. As far as i’m aware my GTX has the same calipers as your Bee. I actually live on the south side of town. I picked Roger up from the footy when he was over here visiting, and i think he had a couple of bevvies, so his sense of direction may have been a bit off. :D
There’s a place called ELKO performance in Croydon that brings in a lot of Mopar parts. This is there website https://elkoperformance.com.au/ Paul is the bloke that runs the place and has helped me out a bit in the past. I actually bought some a/c pulleys and spacers from him that he had collected in his workshop over the years. Just happened to be the exact ones i needed, so it’s possible he may have some used calipers laying around. Dunno who’s doing your car or where, but if you need to look at anything i’m in Beacy out past Berwick. These same year cars are very close in most of their driveline applications. Mines a 440 auto factory a/c car. Cheers, Glenn.

Hi Vipertec, nice looking car. As far as i’m aware my GTX has the same calipers as your Bee. I actually live on the south side of town. I picked Roger up from the footy when he was over here visiting, and i think he had a couple of bevvies, so his sense of direction may have been a bit off. :D
There’s a place called ELKO performance in Croydon that brings in a lot of Mopar parts. This is there website https://elkoperformance.com.au/ Paul is the bloke that runs the place and has helped me out a bit in the past. I actually bought some a/c pulleys and spacers from him that he had collected in his workshop over the years. Just happened to be the exact ones i needed, so it’s possible he may have some used calipers laying around. Dunno who’s doing your car or where, but if you need to look at anything i’m in Beacy out past Berwick. These same year cars are very close in most of their driveline applications. Mines a 440 auto factory a/c car. Cheers, Glenn.
Hey Mate,
Thanks for the advise. I've been to elko performance a couple of times before for things & they are reasonably helpful, but they couldn't help me with the calipers. I purchased a pair of remanufactured units from Rock Auto & they seem to be correct at this stage, but I haven't yet had the chance to verify. I'm on the Mornington Peninsula, so maybe one day we might meet. Thanks again for the advise & hope to catch up soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back