• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Utah! Newbie. 1969 Road Runner Project

zippyRR

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Hello to the B-body fans! Always admire the classics, but never thought I would be the one who was tearing one down and starting from the ground up. Guess life had different ideas for me and now my daily thoughts are consumed by a 1969 Roadrunner, with a 440 and a 727 trans.

I will give you a background on the car. My Wife was raised in a small town in Northern Idaho called Kellogg. During her teenage years her dad started collecting a few cars here and there. When I say collect he had everything from a ’71 bug, ’50 Willeys, 78 Corvette, 67 GTX. His true love though has always been Mopar. So my wife started working on a 1969 GTX with her dad in high school. They spent most of her high school years working on it. The summer of 95 just before my wife’s senior year, her mom decided she was fed up with my father in law and wife always working on the car and she wanted one to work on and fix up. So out of spite my mother in law, found this roadrunner on EBay in Las Vegas, bid and bought the car. The auction said the car was drivable and running strong. When they flew in to LV to pick up the car, it was not as advertised. So my in laws purchased a dodge diesel truck, rented a Uhaul and towed the car home. As you can imagine the competition between the in-laws and their cars was intense to say the least. When my wife graduated high school and joined the military her parents found that they did not have the time to put into the cars and they were parked and forgot about. About 2006 her parents moved to Southern California to help take care of her father-in-laws mom, and so the cars were all passed around to family and the rest were sold. My Wife’s sister took the GTX (it was rare and worth more money to her….sad to say). Her dad towed the RR down to Utah and dropped it off at my Wife’s, but she had little kids, a farm, Military career and no extra time or money for the car. So it spent 10 more years parked in a barn.

Last year we had very little snow for skiing and snowboarding so we had a lot of extra time with nothing to do, and decided to put our efforts into getting this classic dusted off and worked from the ground up. So we had the car towed out of the barn and brought into the garage. I have to say I was pretty excited to take the pressure washer to that dust covered wonder…..

IMG_6580.jpg IMG_6583.jpg IMG_6599.JPG IMG_6600.JPG IMG_6601.JPG IMG_6602.jpg IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6606.jpg IMG_6626.jpg IMG_6884.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan. Looks like a fun project and a cool car.:thumbsup:

Always welcome another Ute with a B body. Appears your starting with a solid platform but you never know until you get it stripped down. From the pics, it looks to be a B7 blue... nice color. Best of luck :thumbsup:

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

welcome to FBBO nice project keep us posted on your progress

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing the pics of your project!

Welcome to FBBO from Illinois. The State where the Governors make the license plates!
Must be nice working on that baby with those mountains in the background!

Welcome. And you definitely have some work there. My advise is to labled the parts as you pull. (Pictures of the pull with reference to the lable will help.) It is very easy to lose track. Since your wife is familiar with an RR from her GTX experience? I think you have a team project? Good hunting!

Auto Transport Service
Back