• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from West Michigan

philrenato

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi, all

New member here. Live in Rockford, MI. I have a new to me 1970 Super Bee that I will be working on in the coming year and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing more about these cars. Most of my experience to date has been with Trans Ams and Fieros, so this is going to be quite a change.

Phil Renato
www.renato.design

IMG_1801.JPG

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Phil. Merry Christmas, and good luck with your new project.

That is a superior car to start with, you have the bar set pretty high already. Welcome from over Ann Arbor way, glad to have you with us, and I would love to see more pics of the car, as you bring it along.

Welcome from Alabama, glad you came over to the Mopar side and a super start.

Hi Phil,
Congratulations on escaping the grips of the dark side!
Working on a 1966 Charger here and I'm not far...Caledonia.
Merry Christmas, Tom

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Sorry for the late response, all. And thanks for the warm welcome. Here is at least one pic of the car from when I test drove it. Still in storage at my friend's house until later this spring. 4 speed car, manual brakes, power steering. Started life as V code/440, but lost its hood and engine and rear end at some point and currently has a 383 in it with the standard bulge hood. Just got in an N96 hood to make it a bit closer to its original build sheet, and I ordered new interior upholstery, which is going to take a while. Next step: Ramcharger setup. And this spring I will replace the rear quarters.

FYI - still have my Trans Ams and Fieros (and new Bronco and my wife's Mustang Mach E GT,) so I'm not so much switching to Mopar as layering one into the collection of domestic cars to keep our horse and goats and dogs and what not company.

In terms of trying to acclimate myself, so far I've made it through Tom Glatch's The Art of Mopar, Herd and Mueller's Charger, Road Runner and Super Bee book, and The Complete Book of Dodge and Plymouth Muscle. So between that and lurking here and some Facebook groups and talking to my friend and Graveyard Carz I feel like I am on my way.

IMG_2477.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back