• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding part

Do you have a measurement? The leftover ones that I have are only one inch long. When doing my axle conversion Dr. Diff supplied longer ones.

Should be a junkyard around that you could get one from.
View attachment 831877
Yeah, those are the ones I need. I really appreciate it. But, I don’t like the idea of reusing knurled studs. They are a one time use deal. Once they are removed, hammered back in. In will destroy the knurl. Causing the bolt to spin, when you install and uninstall. I’m hoping to find a never used one for that reason. Otherwise, I wouldn’t care. Thank you, you’re a kind man
Junk yards around me don’t carry a single thing older than 15 years.

Last edited:
I'll go there and get the link. What's the diameter of the threaded portion? Is it a Dana
or 8-3/4?????
8-3/4 axle, 3/8” bolt diameter. . Very common, 69 B body. The knurls matching is going to be the most difficult thing to find. If the knurls don’t match, the stud is worthless

Last edited:
The number is STR-H1133STKIT. It's a Strange Kit. The only thing that bothers me is
it is a true T-Bolt. I would call Strange and ask them before ordering. Maybe these
might be a higher quality. and won't break so easy. The first kit I saw was $15.00.
These are $45.00. Sorry! Summit Racing.

I don’t like the idea of reusing knurled studs. They are a one time use deal. Once they are removed, hammered back in. In will destroy the knurl.

Normally you can feel where they fit into the original knurl and then press in. If the hole is that worn out or the new stud is loose, you just weld them on the back side. The ones you are working with aren't removed that often like a wheel stud plus they are flat sided so they don't turn.

The number is STR-H1133STKIT. It's a Strange Kit. The only thing that bothers me is
it is a true T-Bolt. I would call Strange and ask them before ordering. Maybe these
might be a higher quality. and won't break so easy. The first kit I saw was $15.00.
These are $45.00. Sorry! Summit Racing.
No need to apologize, you tried to help. Thank you

Normally you can feel where they fit into the original knurl and then press in. If the hole is that worn out or the new stud is loose, you just weld them on the back side. The ones you are working with aren't removed that often like a wheel stud plus they are flat sided so they don't turn.
That’s a good point about the flat side. But, I also have one spinning in addition to the one I broke. I’m just gonna have to take it up the butt and pay too much for one. It sucks, but that’s life.

Auto Transport Service
Back