• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify parts please

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to identify parts on my 67 coronet.
The pictures here were included in a box unidentified in the grill parts.
I did not dissemble the original front grill assembly and think they may be related
Both parts are the same??
I could not find them in the assembly manuals.

Thank you all for any help in advance
Mike

what is it1.jpg
what is it.jpg

what is it2.jpg

Got me Mike, I'm not sure. I don't think it's grill related.

I have a 67 charger, so I’m not sure how similar everything is, but out of the stuff I’ve seen on my front end, the only two things that have those little drop in/alignment hooks are the actual mounts for the grill and my limit switch mounting brackets. And obviously those aren’t limit switches haha.

Don’t toss them out, those go to a 67 coronet Headlight mount. Very hard to find.

Pic 1,2, 3 they bolt to the fender and connect to the top inner end of the headlight mounting panel. Hole 1A. You can see the tab end goes toward the fender.

Last photo There is another bracket goes between the top of the latch brace and the headlight mounting panel, outer end. Hole 1B

Lucky I kept these photos when I was helping a friend with his grill last year.

01AAEDF4-4DBF-4717-907C-53B77CD930D6.jpeg

F1D79B98-0AFA-4293-ACAC-77AAC2E406A0.jpeg

7B0BFB63-1B46-42F7-A565-98E829608C0E.png

9D970343-A396-45FF-A86C-980E553C4948.png

5E078EF0-E40B-48C8-BDA4-D08734FC87C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t toss them out, those go to a 67 coronet Headlight mount. Very hard to find.

Pic 1,2, 3 they bolt to the fender and connect to the top inner end of the headlight mounting panel. Hole 1A. You can see the tab end goes toward the fender.

Last photo There is another bracket goes between the top of the latch brace and the headlight mounting panel, outer end. Hole 1B

View attachment 1488363

View attachment 1488364

View attachment 1488365

View attachment 1488366

View attachment 1488368
Thanks you R413 you always seam to have the 67 Coronet parts correct.......... :thankyou:

I was wondering how i was going to attach my headlight buckets to the car since 66 and 68 were different.

i could not find this in any of my parts or service manuals.

another question related to the subject.........are the 67 headlight buckets exclusive to 67 only... I ask this because my buckets are not dated so dont know if i will have to find the correct set..??
@R413

Last edited:

View attachment 1488363

View attachment 1488364

View attachment 1488365

View attachment 1488366

View attachment 1488368
I forgot... how many of these brackets will I need?....... I have two... looks like there are four..... if that is the case I am missing two.......... a needle in the haystack perhaps?

Last edited:
Yes the headlight mounting panels are 67 only. It appears they are the same left and right, just turn them upside down.

In your photo are 67 coronet outer brackets. They bolt to the fenders and there are 2 of them. They have locating tabs on them so they don’t turn when tightening the bolt.

The inner brackets that bolt to upper crossbar are different that the two you pictured. They don’t have a locating tab on them. They are the same left and right. Pictured Below.

Well these brackets may be around, but folks may not know what they are.
E0C65884-2572-4292-A9F2-E12B0109C27B.png

Last edited:
Yes the headlight mounting panels are 67 only. It appears they are the same left and right, just turn them upside down.

In your photo are 67 coronet outer brackets. They bolt to the fenders and there are 2 of them. They have locating tabs on them so they don’t turn when tightening the bolt.

The inner brackets that bolt to upper crossbar are different that the two you pictured. They don’t have a locating tab on them. They are the same left and right. Pictured Below.

Well these brackets may be around, but folks may not know what they are.
View attachment 1488458
Wow... a needle in the haystack........ that should be fun to find!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back