• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify this front brake set up...

Garceau

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
Bought the car used - didn't come with factory disc's. Will need pads soon.

Does this set up look familiar ?

Admittedly I didn't have time to get better pics or search for a number.

Cold beer to the first person that can help me out.

20220811_171150.jpg

20220811_171154.jpg

20220811_171200.jpg

Please refer to my "guesstimate" from the previous inquiry, re a similar application.

It appears to be the "slider type" used on '75 - '76+ Dodge / plymouth "Aspen" / "Volaire" model vehicles. These are totally different than the pin type used on earlier ('68 - 70 Dodge/Plymouth "B" bodies). Later editions of the slider type brake calipers used a "bakelite" material for the single piston. This refuced the corrosion of the steel plated piston. They still use the square section "O-rings" as the secondary piston seal; the primary seal is still the bore ID to piston OD clearance dimensions. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Thanks everyone - now at the very least, when I go get pads I can bring a set in - and have a starting point to match and compare. 25 years ago that would have been easy to do, today and the people that work at the stores arent quiet as car savvy. So telling them to bring out a couple different sets will work great....

Cold beer on me !

Thanks everyone - now at the very least, when I go get pads I can bring a set in - and have a starting point to match and compare. 25 years ago that would have been easy to do, today and the people that work at the stores arent quiet as car savvy. So telling them to bring out a couple different sets will work great....

Cold beer on me !
20 years ago you could find a more experienced guy, but by 1998 they wanted to know make model engine trans vin code and color. It has not gotten any better.

I have a EV2 Hemi Orange 1972 Charger. Invariably when I drive it, some kid will ask at the NAPA- "Hey what color is that ?"
Me: "Hemi Orange"
Kid: "Oh man ! Can I see the Hemi ?"
Me: The sound of one hand clapping.

Auto Transport Service
Back