• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me (color blind) identify what color my repainted 74 Road Runner is….I believe it’s orange or red/orange.

tonyp25

Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Car has been repainted and I’m looking to touch up a few chipped pieces. It doesn’t need to be exact just something close but I’m unfortunately red/green colorblind and since it’s repainted I can’t just go off the paint code (which was clearly not red or orange).

It’s orange right? Or a reddish orange?

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6216.jpeg

Btw… that is a reddish orange color as opposed to Vitamin C Orange which is yellower.

Close to EV2 "Hemi Orange"/TorRed.

Have a paint supply shop color match it with their special tool.

I've had three hard to match and/or weathered colors matched 100%.

...the first two by an 18 year old kid with dreadlocks!

Car has been repainted and I’m looking to touch up a few chipped pieces. It doesn’t need to be exact just something close but I’m unfortunately red/green colorblind and since it’s repainted I can’t just go off the paint code (which was clearly not red or orange).

It’s orange right? Or a reddish orange?

View attachment 1491422

View attachment 1491423

So easy to just go to a automotive paint store and color match a pint or so.

Mine on left is hemi orange, one on right is tor red.

IMG_20230604_173646289_HDR.jpg

I thought both colors were EV2, one Dodge name, one Plymouth name

Last edited:
I thought both colors were EV2, one Dodge, one Plymouth name
You're right. Plymouth named it Tor-Red while Dodge used the Hemi Orange name for the same paint code. 'High-Impact' is also a Plymouth term, for the same wild colours Dodge used the description 'High Performance Colors'.

Auto Transport Service
Back