• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me identify this brake booster

Dreadl0ck

Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
So I want to fix up some pieces under the hood and I'm just curious if anyone can help me identify this booster. Can't get hold of previous owner

3xHDVM5.jpg

N4XEwhn.jpg

Thanks guys.

Looks like a Midland Ross booster.

Nice color, post picture of the whole car.

Sigge,
Is that you in the wife beater t-shirt? lol
Dave

That's a GM aftermarket booster and master cylinder. About 225.00 for the setup from Jegs or Summit.
Contact Wayne for an original style Mopar setup.
theramman.com

Very nice!

Buy a rebuilt original bendix dual booster from Booster Dewey

Sent my booster to Dewey. It should be sent back, rebuilt, and recoated in a week or so. I'm hoping.

I had Dewey do the booster in my '69 Dart years ago and had him replate it also. It was perfect.

Problem is that sending it back and forward across the atlantic is a pita.

Any advice on what specs to look for - i.e. what decides what setup I have to use?

People, Dewey is a great guy and really good at what he does but what he does is rebuild your booster. that's it. He does not carry any other parts. No conversion kits. He does not have any Bendix boosters in stock and if he did he'd charge you a 500.00 core charge. Don't think that Dreadl0ck needs to send his new GM booster to Dewey. That would be a waste of time and money and who wants a GM booster on their Mopar? He also needs the mounting brackets, bell crank and linkage along with a correct master cylinder. Wayne carries all that. Midland Ross booster are plated. Bendix boosters are painted black.
Dreadl0ck if your car has disc brake then a Bendix booster is correct. If it has drum brakes then the Midland Ross is correct.
Go on Wayne's site and give him a call. He's not cheap but you'll have a nice correct setup.

I just bought a rebuilt Bendix Dual Booster from Booster Dewey with a $200 core charge, he has them in stock too. Why buy a POS one made in China, don't go CHEAP on brakes! You can always buy the brackets separately.

Brakes and wiring are the two most important parts on your car, don't skimp!!

The booster works excellent!

I just bought a rebuilt Bendix Dual Booster from Booster Dewey with a $200 core charge, he has them in stock too. Why buy a POS one made in China, don't go CHEAP on brakes! You can always buy the brackets separately.

Brakes and wiring are the two most important parts on your car, don't skimp!!

The booster works excellent!

Well I guess you got lucky and bought his last one. I actually am working on a customers car that has manual drums and he want to change to the original power disc set up so I'm on the hunt. Just talked to Dewey this week and he does not have any on the self. He does know of one that he can get if it is still available. My typo on the 500.00 core charge. He quoted me 250.00 core with 185.00 for the rebuild if he can still get one. I've been doing Mopars for 40 years and know how hard these Bendix units can be to find. Guess that's why I can tell a Midland from a GM.
You don't have to preach to me about Chinese crap. I grew up back in the day when they were called RED China. Don't hear that anymore. If you knew me then you would know that I hate china crap more than anyone on this planet. Also if you knew Wayne then you would know that he also carries restored original Mopar units when available. I've sold him a lot of cores the last few years.
So where did you get your brackets and linkage?

moparmarks: When I start tinkering with it this winter, do the GM boosters usually have part number stamped to it? I was thinking, if I was about to replace them - could a Mopar OEM one support my pretty big brake conversion or should I go for Willwood?

How do I know which one fits - or do I ned to take it apart to see what linkage that's behind?

Your booster looks to be an aftermarket GM booster and probably doesn't have any numbers on it.
The Mopar Bendix booster would work for you but with your 4-wheel disc brakes you need a master cylinder with a common reservoir such as a aftermarket or later model. A Wilwood would work best.

Yep Piratejacks carries MBM which is made in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying

Mine works like an original Bendix booster. It came with Raybestos master cylinder. And, I believe Wayne (Ramman) sells them.

Are you certain MBM Mopar Bendix style boosters are made in China?

This is from their President,

"MBM has been serving the needs of the auto parts industry for over 25 years! We operate out of our 50,000 square foot facility, which is located in the beautiful city of Asheville in the mountains of western North Carolina. We produce all of the parts you see here, and are the ONLY licensed GM Restoration company for 1964-1972 Delco Brake Boosters.

Some of the ways we serve our customers:

We offer the most competitive prices for top-quality parts.
We have dedicated sales reps for customer accounts, so you always deal with an MBM representative who is familiar with you and your company.
Prompt service and shipping of your products.
We offer drop shipping to your customers, using your logo on all paperwork.
Private Label
We can produce a custom part just for you when ordering in certain quantity (Find out more from our Sales team).

In addition to all that we also offer many services online. Browse our current catalog of parts online or download a catalog to your computer, download instruction manuals, dealer and credit applications, and sign up for our newsletter to keep you informed of new products and special pricing opportunities.

We look forward to and appreciate the continued opportunity to SERVE YOU!

John Mcleod - President of MBM "

Auto Transport Service
Back