• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me select a cam -

I’m building a 493 with trick flow 270 heads, 11-1 compression, and the same Indy dual plane intake. I had Ray Barton order me a custom flat tappet from Bullet. I think your current cam is a little small (I know mine isn’t a roller but may help as a reference). Here are the specs from mine:

C2F7C4AC-6F6E-47B5-8C77-2BFF3D634249.jpeg

By the flow numbers your -1s are way better than mine. Though I run 580"@15-1 comp. My cam is 285/292, 112lca .800". It could still make more power with more cam. I would bet you could easily use [email protected]". Who did your heads?
Doug

LA 360 @ .030 over, forged 3.58 crank, TF heads, flat top zero deck Federal Mougal H116CP (Think KB-107’s), PRW 1.6 rockers, .573 lift, rpm intake, summit 750, tti headers, cam below. I forget the head gasket thickness, but it’s 4.04 on the bore. I had Cometic custom make it. Pricey but worth it.

Stock converter custom stalled and reworked by Pro Torque, 904-3.55, 26X10 mickeys, Cal Tracs 340 T bars.

I forget where the timing curve is set at. MSD ready to run with the black bushing installed, vacuum advance hooked up, IIRC, Initial @ 15*’s, or so… maybe more. I forget, sorry.

All in a no option ‘67 Cuda. Under 3K in weight.

Here’s the cam card to the Comp Hyd. roller.
View attachment 1390771
Sounds like a lot of fun!

By the flow numbers your -1s are way better than mine. Though I run 580"@15-1 comp. My cam is 285/292, 112lca .800". It could still make more power with more cam. I would bet you could easily use [email protected]". Who did your heads?
Doug
Dont forget he is running a dual plane intake with those great flowing heads he has :)

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks. It’s pretty OK. It needs a little more stall and gear. I barely get into 3rd gear at the track. But it is designed as a very easy going and driving street car. A little slow off the line. Once at speed or in its power RPM area, it moves nicely.

Whittling away at it every now and again.
I understand, as you can tell hood clearance issues are not a concern for my junker lol
Love that picture!

I just had bullet grind a roller for my buddies 499 street/strip car.

F3AFFCBD-B0FF-4017-AE15-D14512E8BC24.jpeg

Dont forget he is running a dual plane intake with those great flowing heads he has :)
:poke: :moparsmiley:
I have the single plane as well - but I have concerns about clearance issues :(
I'm having a stroker built.
I'm starting out with the Indy ModMan because I want it to fit with my N96 Air Grabber setup, but in my case I'm moving my Promax modded Holley 6bbl over to it, and I can't WAIT for the "@dvw" ModMan MODS report!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back