• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed for an AC wiring harness

70BurntRt

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
This is an AC wiring harness from my 70 Charger. Can anyone tell me where the two unmarked wires go? Thanks
175A17E2-31CC-474E-A823-28575234B8D1.jpeg

The two at the bottom? I’m pretty sure they go to that plastic AC timer thingy.... it’s mounted on the bottom of the air box, passenger side. Below where the vent door opens up. It has vacuum lines and those two wires if I remember correctly. Sorry I forgot what that part was called on the bottom.

I always thought the other bottom set of wires on the left went on that piece because of the 45 degree angled terminals.

If the dark colored wire is blue, I think it goes to the firewall plug on "A." The green one would go to "B". Either that or they go to the fuse box for the source. Is the dark colored wire a black/Yellow? For sure, the Brown and Blue wires with the 90 degree terminals go to the time delay on the heater box.

Under the passengers feet. There is a delay switch that is suppose to keep the AC on for a fixed amount of time when moving the defrost or heat. Most are broken. Mine does not work and there is no delay, move to defrost and the AC is off, some are shorted so the AC won't shut off when in defrost or heat.

I agree the angled pair of wires that are brown and blue go to the time delay. Where is the fire wall plug A and B you are referring to? The wires are blue and green. There is another green wire on top left that goes to the fuse box.

The firewall plug that feeds wires into the engine compartment. The blue wire is the feed to the AC compressor. The green wire goes to the green wire on the blower motor. If you are looking at the firewall plug under the dash, (above the steering column) those wires will go to the two top left slots. They are marked A and B with Blue wire on A and Green wire on B
I would say that the two top left slots in your firewall plug are vacant at this time.

Last edited:
Ok, I get it now. That should be easy. I am doing a complete resto on my 70 Charger RT and I have the dash on bench. It’s just taking me 10 years to get to this point. Thanks for your help.

Wow! Gorgeous! Look like it is coming together nicely. 10 years well spent.

Auto Transport Service
Back