• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger AC System -Advice Needed

71SandbugCharger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
I’ve got a 1971 Charger SE and I want to put the AC back into it. I have these parts already:

Sanden Style AC Compressor with 2 Groove Pulley and brackets.
Rebuilt heater and AC box with hoses, actuators and controls
Rebuilt AC dash control
AC wiring harness

I need:
receiver drier
Expansion valve
Discharge muffler
Suction hose
Capillaries sensing tube
Suction hose
High pressure relief valve
Vacuum water valve
Freon
Anything else I missed in the dealer service book.

Do I get the needed parts from yearone or classic, or where? Would a local automotive air conditioning shop have these?

Helpful Suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Since you have the compressor I would go with Bouchillon for the rest. They actually supply parts for Classic.

Summit also sells a lot of that, from Vintage Air at least. The Vintage Air website has lots of helpful information to aid your purchase of the right pieces needed and I called and had a great salesman who helped much navagate putting a system together. They will sell it to you direct but they prefer to help you find out what you need and you purchase from one of their retailers. Since Bouchchillon specializes in Mopar, they may have what you need. Seems no one can keep anything in stock these days.

I tend to stay away from Classic and Year One. They are often just a clearing house for someone else’s products

I emailed Bouchillon, they told me the kit I needed, and I bought it! Thanks for all the help!

Auto Transport Service
Back