• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB HELP NEEDED Stock open Lug Nuts for 06 Ram 2500 Mega cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Long story short my youngest got popped for having his tires sticking out past the body more than 4 inches (4 1/4) so he needs to remove them. He needs to put a set of stock rims on it. He has until this Thursday. I need a full set of 32 lug nuts 9/16 open end. All I can find is sets on e-bay but they won't be here till Saturday. Any help from a local member would be greatly appreciated.
1688307278151.jpeg

Nit picking cop!

Napa or your favorite parts store. Dorman should make them. Might have to wait to get them from their warehouse. Maybe a couple different parts stores to get all 32. You would have them all by noon. Good luck!

Nit picking cop!

Napa or your favorite parts store. Dorman should make them. Might have to wait to get them from their warehouse. Maybe a couple different parts stores to get all 32. You would have them all by noon. Good luck!
I know that but they want $3.50-4.00 a piece...He needs 32. Ebay has all 32 of them $19.95 shipped but all are in California..

Rock Auto has Dorman for $1.18 ea.
I'd be in my local junkyard today, probably $5 total.
I do have a set, but use them for my winter stock set. Sorry.

Rock Auto has Dorman for $1.18 ea.
I'd be in my local junkyard today, probably $5 total.
I do have a set, but use them for my winter stock set. Sorry.
All local yards closed today and most around me remove wheels and tires before anything is put in the yard and scrap the lug nuts... I just checked rock auto and they have a quantity of (1) lug nut left..

All local yards closed today and most around me remove wheels and tires before anything is put in the yard and scrap the lug nuts... I just checked rock auto and they have a quantity of (1) lug nut left..
I bought the Amazon ones last month. They were cheaper then - around $13. Rock Auto only had a handful left then - not nearly enough near the 32 I needed. Rockauto now does show 11 available - 10 in one brand and 1 in another. The Amazon was the best deal I could find that actually were available.

I bought the Amazon ones last month. They were cheaper then - around $13. Rock Auto only had a handful left then - not nearly enough near the 32 I needed. Rockauto now does show 11 available - 10 in one brand and 1 in another. The Amazon was the best deal I could find that actually were available.
I may have to set-up an account.. But was hoping to buy from someone local quickly...

Silly question. Why can't you use the ones holding the custom wheels on, on the stockers?

Silly question. Why can't you use the ones holding the custom wheels on, on the stockers?
The taper is different and I would worry they would come loose…

How about fender flares? The dreaded rust looks like it has stared anyways.
View attachment 1488417
That's what I was org. going to suggest too

:thumbsup:

not sure about that brand,
but good ones will look OK, they work too

He said;
basically, that his kid doesn't seem to want them

IMO makes it look better, it's not my truck :poke:
& it does or helps to cover the tires some,
for wrong/too much wheel offsets
(which is hard/er on bearings (axles), maybe even brakes too)
& helps for bigger tires, so it doesn't throw as much mud
or rainwater everywhere either

Last edited:
That's what I was org. going to suggest too

:thumbsup:

not sure about that brand,
but good ones will look OK, they work too

He said;
basically, that his kid doesn't seem to want them

IMO makes it look better, it's not my truck :poke:
& it does or helps to cover the tires some,
for wrong/too much wheel offsets
(which is hard/er on bearings (axles), maybe even brakes too)
& helps for bigger tires, so it doesn't throw as much mud
or rainwater everywhere either
He is a kid, he like those rims and the look but they are a problem now. I already had to put a new glass in the one mirror cause a tire threw a rock forward and shattered it. Honestly drilling all those holes with-in a road salt state into that rust free Texas bed is something I wouldn't let him do either.

They arrived today sometime and were here when I got home from work but nothing compares to OE… These will be used for now but will keep an eye out for original ones…I personally don’t like how thin they are…

EC10CFF5-50BA-4338-827C-BB3C97A7F739.jpeg

AE1A9176-3CAC-4268-8530-7C69DB45C4F7.jpeg

As temporary. and for safetys' sake,
I would use some blue locktite on
those wimpy lug nuts. The cops won't
care as long as the truck is standing
on all four, legally. Limited driving until
yuo have the opportunity to replace
OEM. Amazed you can't find a used set
locally.
As a last ditch effort I'll side with
moparsaver. Anything to cover the
tire to specifications required by the
state. The fix you attempt now only
has to conform to the states' request.
You can make it pretty later.

They arrived today sometime and were here when I got home from work but nothing compares to OE… These will be used for now but will keep an eye out for original ones…I personally don’t like how thin they are…

View attachment 1489267

View attachment 1489268

They come in 3/4" and 13/16" socket sizes.

I had the thin wall on my '62 steel wheels and didn't like them. Bought the heavier ones and they look much better.

My '03 Dakota had 3/4" acorn nuts and some were losing their "covers". I had the choice of the two different sizes on those too.

Last edited:
They come in 3/4" and 13/16" socket sizes.

I had the thin wall on my '62 steel wheels and didn't like them. Bought the heavier ones and they look much better.

My '03 Dakota had 3/4" acorn nuts and some were losing their "covers". I had the choice of the two different sizes on those too.
Those are 3/4.. I got them all changed and threw front pads on it while I had it apart… the inner pads had a little more wear that outer side probably passable but there was some heat cracks starting in them so glad I put new ones on.. rear brakes were like new and all the rotors are newer cross drilled and slotted. He hates the look now and will be buying new wheels and tires soon and selling those…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back