• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed to get car to mid 11's

Have a 68 Charger that I want to get to 11.5 in quarter. I don’t know what the car weighs but should be a few hundred pounds less than stock.

The car has:
400/511 440 source stroker 600HP/650TQ at 4500 RPM on pump gas
727 (sportsman series) built by Protrans. Billet internals, reverse manual valve body, 3400-3800 stall
Cheeta shifter
Strange S-60 with 3:55 gears
New rear springs from ESPO, 6 leaf HD
Super Sniper w/ hyperspark
Walbro 255LPH intank pump. 3/8 pressure line 1/2 return line
1 7/8 TTI with complete 3-inch exhaust, X pipe, super turbo mufflers
QA1 adjustable shocks all corners
Chassis stiffened with torque plates and frame connectors

Street car. Runs excellent but now I want to race it. Engine built for torque. Am looking to go 11.5. Car will not get a roll cage. I want to keep the 3:55 gears

Need advice on what to do next. Car has never been to track so I don’t know what it will run now. Car will not hook up. Absolutely need better tires. Fuel system designed for street, not race. No issues with fuel starvation so far but never pushed the car to max on street

I did this car not to race but to have a fun street car. I spent a few years upgrading the car’s systems to match current power level, but I never intended to race the car. Until now. I have about 8 months to get where I need to be.

Your thoughts

Frank
You could always buy an 8-second car and get Soupystockracer to tune it for you...... :lol:

1700418626595.jpeg

There should be an altitude factor for pomona..... but it's downhill so they figure it cancels the altitude out, lol.

I put a lol, but I believe that statement is true.

Last edited:
I’m also in the “put some tires on it and go to the track before changing anything” camp

And…….go more than once before ordering any parts.

Thanks all

I will get some good tires and go from there. I didn't want to get into the suspension too much if I didn't have to. There's a reason I need this et and the less I have to do to the car the better.

Frank

Have a 68 Charger that I want to get to 11.5 in quarter. I don’t know what the car weighs but should be a few hundred pounds less than stock.

The car has:
727 (sportsman series) built by Protrans. Billet internals, reverse manual valve body, 3400-3800 stall
Cheeta shifter

Street car. Runs excellent but now I want to race it. Engine built for torque. Am looking to go 11.5. Car will not get a roll cage. I want to keep the 3:55 gears

Need advice on what to do next. Car has never been to track so I don’t know what it will run now. Car will not hook up. Absolutely need better tires. Fuel system designed for street, not race. No issues with fuel starvation so far but never pushed the car to max on street

I did this car not to race but to have a fun street car. I spent a few years upgrading the car’s systems to match current power level, but I never intended to race the car. Until now. I have about 8 months to get where I need to be.

Your thoughts

Frank
Frank, I've been trying to slow down my GF race car. 69 GTX. 3900 lbs with her

The car has:
Cheeta shifter

Your thoughts

Frank
Frank, I've been trying to slow down my GF's race car. 69 GTX, 440 source 493. pump gas 11.4 compression, ported Eddy std port heads, street dominator intake, Pro systems 1000 cfm 4150 carb. 260 @ .50 solid roller 600 lift. 2" TTIs with full TTI exhaust. Turbo action 4000 stall converter. full auto valve body, dana 60 3:73 gears. Full Calvert spring, shock and traction bar system. This is a full on street car with power steering, power brakes even a nice stereo.
Best time in Fl (sea level, but warm and humid) is a 10.84 @ 125 with a 1.50 60 ft. Ran 11.0s in Vegas. Since we get thrown out for not having a roll bar i've tried many things to slow it down. Cheapest and easiest is switching from the 275/50 Hoosier drag radial that comes in at 25 inches tall (all other 275/50s come in at 26 inches) to the 275/60 (Hoosier or MT).
This will change your ET by 3 tenths. I've done A to B to A testing on her car.
Put a set of Hoosier 275/50s on a 10" rim and call it a day. PM me for more info.

Frank, I've been trying to slow down my GF race car. 69 GTX. 3900 lbs with her

Frank, I've been trying to slow down my GF's race car. 69 GTX, 440 source 493. pump gas 11.4 compression, ported Eddy std port heads, street dominator intake, Pro systems 1000 cfm 4150 carb. 260 @ .50 solid roller 600 lift. 2" TTIs with full TTI exhaust. Turbo action 4000 stall converter. full auto valve body, dana 60 3:73 gears. Full Calvert spring, shock and traction bar system. This is a full on street car with power steering, power brakes even a nice stereo.
Best time in Fl (sea level, but warm and humid) is a 10.84 @ 125 with a 1.50 60 ft. Ran 11.0s in Vegas. Since we get thrown out for not having a roll bar i've tried many things to slow it down. Cheapest and easiest is switching from the 275/50 Hoosier drag radial that comes in at 25 inches tall (all other 275/50s come in at 26 inches) to the 275/60 (Hoosier or MT).
This will change your ET by 3 tenths. I've done A to B to A testing on her car.
Put a set of Hoosier 275/50s on a 10" rim and call it a day. PM me for more info.
An easier 3 tenths than that is unhooking the secondaries

Your package should get you in the 11's. I used to have a 69 Charger with a little ole +.030 over 440 with 11.5:1, 650 solid roller, Team G 4150 flange, 850 D.P'er, 10" 4500 convertor go 11:20's thru exhaust on sticky street tires on motor. Then had 2 kits on it on top of that.

How about high 10’s? 10.8 @ 131. Get your checkbook.

BEF7D24C-3C8D-4A75-8F73-89E448DB0BC3.png

Auto Transport Service
Back