• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! New 572 vibration at 3000 RPM

you are not alone with your probloms with out soursing ya stuff. had a short block done by a good shop here. 8 months later i got it back and wound up having to take it all apart and redoing it. oil galley from the pick up to the timing cover was full of crap clogged the spring in the pump bypass. oil psi went to the moon for a second them dropped...... waisted everything. hell thay didn't even bottom tap the head bolt holes. that is the first and last time anyone will go inside any of my mills ever. 6700 bucks and didn't even get a data sheet with it. glad it all fixed up for ya... lets see some time slips

This is why I build my own stuff. Engine, trans, axle, wiring. Just about everything. The tools aren't that expensive. If someone knows enough to see what they don't like. Then they can probably learn to do it themselves.
Doug

Hey 2quick, any updates on your dyno session yet? Hoping that everything went smooth and numbers better than expected.

Motor is back in my possession and was run for 2+ hours on the dyno. Made 781hp 680tq......Not the numbers I was hoping for but probably due to a few things.
1. My car runs Holley HP EFI and I was running a F.A.S.T Throttle Body 4150 flange which they did not have or could tune, So A 950cfm Holley ultra HP was used.
2. Unported 440-2 intake (4150) and why the 950 was used to dyno test instead of a 4500.
3. Cam has EFI lobes and centerline, I was told carbs hate these specs.

So that's that for now, Going to take some time to get the car out of trailer and back in he garage. Need to finish up the head gasket on the Cummins first then the Satellite can go in..
Going to start another thread about manifold selection.

Motor is back in my possession and was run for 2+ hours on the dyno. Made 781hp 680tq......Not the numbers I was hoping for but probably due to a few things.
1. My car runs Holley HP EFI and I was running a F.A.S.T Throttle Body 4150 flange which they did not have or could tune, So A 950cfm Holley ultra HP was used.
2. Unported 440-2 intake (4150) and why the 950 was used to dyno test instead of a 4500.
3. Cam has EFI lobes and centerline, I was told carbs hate these specs.

So that's that for now, Going to take some time to get the car out of trailer and back in he garage. Need to finish up the head gasket on the Cummins first then the Satellite can go in..
Going to start another thread about manifold selection.
Good that it’s home now and that there’s no issues. The numbers will come around, that’s for sure and I’m looking forward to following along on the next thread.

Yea, uncorrected though so it makes it look even worse. I'll photo copy when I get home and post it.

Auto Transport Service
Back