• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! New 572 vibration at 3000 RPM

And the fact that I already paid them so theirs no incentive to complete it!

A good business fixes their mistakes before doing new jobs. Everyone can make a mistake but it's how it is taken care of that counts. That's just the way it is. No way I would give these guys my business after seeing what you've went through.
I heard their quality had improved but apparently not.

indy1.JPG

indy3.JPG

They had motor since 9/27. I ask for an update on 1/2, was told " no real progress yet---- except everything is corrected----and ready to go back together----we will fit it in the best we can-----thanks kenny" WTF do I do with this? Why am i being (FIT IN) IMO I should be the first in line!

This was my answer:
Kenny, I think I've been pretty fair, understanding, and mostly patient. You have had the engine for almost 14 weeks now (3.5 Months). I understand I did not buy a fully assembled engine, but I did pay you almost $30,000 without question. I think we both agree that the issues were preventable and by no means my fault. It's been over a year that I pulled the trigger on this engine thinking I was getting the best of the best. I am a patient man but my patience is starting to wear thin. Please do your best to move this along. I understand things happen and I get it, BUT I would have thought I would have been taken care of as a higher priority given the circumstances.

Was I out of line or you think this was an acceptable response?

I think your response was fine considering the situation.

While individual builds and part sales are their bread and butter, engine builders will always expedite sponsored teams and repeat customers first. Proline, SMX, Nelson, Noonan, Barton, etc... all do the same thing.

It sucks for the small guys like me that have to save for years to buy one of their motors, only to be sent to the back of the line when things go wrong. It's not a good feeling. Makes you feel like your money isn't valued. But that's the way it is. Just bite down on your mouthpiece and be patient. I've been there and it's aggravating.

Last edited:
Yes: Russ sold my friend this mess, First of all it had the wrong camshaft in it. My friend had to buy the camshaft it was supposed to have, thing always ran out of power early then this happened. I should have ripped it right down and built it from scratch but when you spend $30k at the experts you don't expect you have check everything that they should have. Friendly bunch until after you spend the cash though.

They should have jumped on it as soon as they got it back………instead of letting it drag on into the busy season.

They should have jumped on it as soon as they got it back………instead of letting it drag on into the busy season.
I see Kenny posted another engine they built on FB yesterday. I know two people that have had 325 EZ with intake port leaks recently. Also a friend with 572-13 with porosity. Two of those pairs were out of the box. I'd be calling Chris Wheatcraft
Doug

They take an engine back, get the balance fixed assemble all the clearances are set. If they changed bearings a little more time.

Or hop a plane. Hopefully it gets taken care of and not kept on the perpetual back burner.

This is all of ours worst nightmare when it comes to having work done.
Poor quality work, delays causing you to miss events, extra labor and expense on your end.
Hopefully it gets sorted out since the vendor has a supposedly good rep.

Update, Engine is done! Going to Dyno next week. Charged me 380 for rings and 1250 for dyno time. I was hoping they would pick up the dyno fee (but it is what it is at this point). Just happy to be getting it back.

Good news on the package nearing completion. Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet results and I’m thinking 900-950 HP, 775-800 TQ.

Good news on the package nearing completion. Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet results and I’m thinking 900-950 HP, 775-800 TQ.
I think it will be less, Compression is only 11.5:1

Update, Engine is done! Going to Dyno next week. Charged me 380 for rings and 1250 for dyno time. I was hoping they would pick up the dyno fee (but it is what it is at this point). Just happy to be getting it back.
Hate to be a stick in the mud. Why new rings? I have no idea what dyno time costs, think it's excessive considering he's fixing his f-up. I'd paid him with credit card then disputed the charge amount.

Hate to be a stick in the mud. Why new rings? I have no idea what dyno time costs, think it's excessive considering he's fixing his f-up. I'd paid him with credit card then disputed the charge amount.
Thing is he shouldn't be paying a penny... nothing at all.. it kinda pisses me off. i own a business and i stand behind everything i do even if i end up losing money on the deal. Seeing companies do **** like this is why i don't trust anyone to do work for me.

glad you're getting Ur engine back. I been following this thread for awhile now, crazy how much money you spend and to get to me shafted with some time type of bill. i drove 3.5 hours down there to pick of my modman intake with f&b 6bbl setup and my first impressions were not impressed with indy. there a bunch of grouchy fucks down there.
i decided to get my engine built at Compu-flow, nick jr been nothing but nice and even offered to give me my money back because he was so backed up. this engine is nothing extreme like yours but still , money is money and we work hard to have some fun and having ur engine sitting for months is bullshit. well cant wait to see a video

Auto Transport Service
Back