• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP:) new to building b body’s what tire sizes?

Evl69

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
So totally new to building cars, always built trucks.
What tires and sizes would you all suggest?
My rims are 15x11 rear
14x8 front. And can anybody tell me the name of these wheels?
Any suggestions or pictures of what you did is greatly appreciated:)

8D10A01A-A6C9-4C0D-9066-C1AAF2A39875.jpeg

You going to shackle the rear? The 11s from what I seen in the past didnt work to well. Just a thought.

I would start by getting 17 x 8 wheels up front, and then 17 x 9 wheels in the back...

The first of those wheels, generically known as slot mags,or just "slots", was ansen sprints.And they were a copy of slot Halibrands (real magnesium ). Yours could be made by any of about 50 company's that copied them. Is any name cast into the backside of the wheel? Name brand wheels sometimes had their names cast in, the copies almost never did.

the 15x11 is probably a 15x10 , I would slap a 275/60/15 on those. I would ditch the 14 and go with a 15x7 and a 225/60/15 up front , but that is my opinion. just for future reference, the wheels are measured from inside the bead to bead and not the overall width

the 15x11 is probably a 15x10 , I would slap a 275/60/15 on those. I would ditch the 14 and go with a 15x7 and a 225/60/15 up front , but that is my opinion. just for future reference, the wheels are measured from inside the bead to bead and not the overall width
Thanks for the lesson. Yes they are 10 wide. I’d like to ditch and go with the 15x7 but I’m also trying to use what I’ve got. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back