• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help please how do you take apart a headlight switch for 1967 Charger?

Breakin8

Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
I purchased a new headlight knob. I need to take it apart to put in the new plunger and knob.
Thanks

image.jpgYou should be able to reach up under dash and depress spring loaded plunger in the middle of the flat metal part of the switch and pull out on knob while it is depressed. If I remember right just push new one in or reverse above steps to install..

Last edited:
push button, pull out

beware though, last time I bought a headlight switch the knob wouldn't seat all the way in correctly w/ the bezel screwed into it, and it kept my parking lights on 24/7 till I robbed a factory one out of a parts car

push button, pull out

beware though, last time I bought a headlight switch the knob wouldn't seat all the way in correctly w/ the bezel screwed into it, and it kept my parking lights on 24/7 till I robbed a factory one out of a parts car

Yup, I had to buy a NOS switch to get it to fit correctly too...

Auto Transport Service
Back