• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help - proportioning valve

am3rican

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
I ordered a front and rear disc brake conversion kit from a vendor. The prop valve they sent does not fit. It is huge and requires some significant brake line replumbing if I want to use. Can someone give me a tip on a disc/disc prop valve that can be mounted in the stock location? I'm desperate. I've been trying to work with the vendor to resolve but having issues.

Thanks all. The vendor sent me a different proportioning valve. I used the stock distribution block and just put the new valve in line. Pedal feel is real firm and hard but it brakes. I will likely need to adjust the pedal brake ratio.

I think all is good. Brakes work well.

I found the source of the hard pedal feel: low Vacuum.

I think it's caused by my cam. It wasn't an issue before with the manual brakes. But with the addition of the power booster, it seems to be a problem.

Also idles differently. I'll plug the vacuum hose and see if it makes a difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back