• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help regarding fender tag on 67 Satellite

Kayo

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi Y'all! I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this has been covered to death. I recently purchased my first restoration project--a 1967 Satellite convertible. No problem with finding the VIN tag, but we can't find the fender tag. We've searched the trunk and the engine compartment (with the info that it might possibly be located on the radiator post). I believe the rear quarter panels were replaced in the past due to corrosion (they weren't done well so they need to be redone). Is it possible that some nitwit removed the fender tag or are we missing its location? Feel free to respond privately if this is not helpful to anyone else. THANKS in advance!

Welcome to the forum Kayo...
Thanks for joining

I am currently in situation as you are...
I recently purchased a 67 GTX (L-code)
No Fender Tag.

This is what you can do:
1. Search underneath the rear seat "up inside placed between the springs" for the build sheet
2. Search on top of the glove box (Inside and up into the dash) for the IBM data card
3. Contact Chrysler Historical services with THIS item/info, IBM data card or a build sheet...
NOTE: I THINK the 66 and 67s had a build sheet but I do know they hasd a IBM data card.
If all else fails, you can request a "Fender Tag" from Chrysler Histiorical services but it will be incomplete
For that you need a copy of the title and the vin and a registration...
(I am currently going thru them now)

Do a "search" in the top of this page in the "gold Banner" where it says search and type in: fender tag
You will find lots of info and one guy on this forum AND one guy; Coronetrt, is an expert on this matter...
Hope this helps..
"super-bee_ski"

Thanks Super-Bee_Ski!

Great info, although sadly, I'm also in need of a pair of bucket seats because somewhere along the line, the original seats were also replaced (grrrr...). I will check the glove box and I do have the VIN/registration/title so if I have to start a search through Chrysler, I'll do that. I was hoping to get the build info so we'd know more specifics about the paint code and other options when the car came off the line.

Right now it has black upholstery, but I'm switching it to white because there's white lower panel trim below the chrome trim and a white convertible top (also being replaced, but it came to me in white). I'm thinking black upholstery doesn't make sense with a white top, but also it's in Georgia now and will probably stay down south where it's hot. When the top is down, black seats get mighty hot to sit on. :icon_keel: It would be nice to know what all the options were when it was brand new even though I am not doing a rotisserie resto on it. I gather we'll never get all that info without the fender tag. Although I do have the name and probably phone number of the owner who had it for 20+ years. I hesitate to contact him because I was told he cried when he had to part with it due to financial hardship (one owner and a dealer ago). I'd rather wait until it's restored, which was his dream to do, and then send him pictures so he can remember it the way he wanted it to be.

Auto Transport Service
Back