• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP ! Vent window weatherstrip BATTLE !

417guy

Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I’ve started down a road I can’t back up now ! All original weather on my 68 roadrunner. Got all apart, the old vent weatherstrip peeled out pretty easy, but the new is a b___ch !!! Looking for any tips or suggestions on how to get this together, please. Picture shows about 30 minutes work to get this far. Lots of soapy water and hands that cramp from the effort required. Thanks for any advice.

B3464327-6FD7-4CA0-99AE-B1123AE04B09.jpeg

The new ones are identical to my old ones, looked over closely after the effort it was taking to get it in ! Thanks

Silicone spray and a popsicle stick to nudge it in where necessary.

Hey I got a popsicle ! I’ll try that with the silicone!

I've never done one before but I think using zip ties to secure areas that are in place while you work on other areas may help.

Where did you buy them ??
I think classic industries. I bought several pieces awhile back and just now motivated to do the work. They appear identical to the old ones.

I've never done one before but I think using zip ties to secure areas that are in place while you work on other areas may help.
Hey that’s an idea ! I did mark where to little spikes in the frame are to line up the new strips . That helped as a starting point . Thanks

DMT states there are two different materials - one hard and difficult to install and the other softer and easier to install.

DMT states there are two different materials - one hard and difficult to install and the other softer and easier to install.
Detroit muscle technology?? DMT ?

Auto Transport Service
Back