• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with my brakes please

derrick406

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
I updated the front brakes of my 72 charger to disc. Now my brake pressure is very very bad. What do I do.

If you had drums you will need a disc drum master cylinder or just put an adjustable proportioning valve in it. I would go with new master though.

Well, tell use what you did? What brakes did you use etc? Do you have the calipers on the right side? IE, the bleeders are at the top......

I have front discs and spindles off an E body now on my 67 B body. Previous owner drilled out the master cylinder for the front disc conversion so the fronts would get the right pressure.

I never trust previous owner works. I will be doing the upgrade on mine soon and will be buying the disc brake M/C and a distribution block/proportioning valve combo.

Patrick

I never trust previous owner works. I will be doing the upgrade on mine soon and will be buying the disc brake M/C and a distribution block/proportioning valve combo.

Patrick

Same here. Unless I know the person, and am sure of what they did.

Did the master get bench bled?I'd start by checking for drilled out debry in the master and lines from the previous ownerThen check for air in the system.I'd also check the booster (if you have one) with a vacuum pump.But I'd bet my money on that master being the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back