• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with trim.

Speedbird

Bird of Pray
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Have I got it wrong?
Does the A pillar go under or over the side piece?
Checked before installing and it looked like the A trim goes underneath the side trim.
Everything fits but here.
Are they supposed to butt or overlap like I thought?
20190118_122338.jpg

Could be wrong, but I thought the A-Pillar cover went over. I tried to search for pictures online, and this is the only one I could find that showed that section. Looks like the A-Pillar is over the side trim in this picture.

Interior.jpg

That makes more sense.
But It seemed to fit the other way when I had it in my hands looking at it

got a question since it seems like you have just installed your interior---at the rear of the headliner there are 2 plastic/fiberglass pieces that match up with sides and front of headliner--anyway what do the screws that hold the rear pieces on actually screw into??? seems like there must be some sort of clip??

got a question since it seems like you have just installed your interior---at the rear of the headliner there are 2 plastic/fiberglass pieces that match up with sides and front of headliner--anyway what do the screws that hold the rear pieces on actually screw into??? seems like there must be some sort of clip??

The C pillar pieces are fiberglass right?
Might also be called sail panels?
I would have to look on the computer for pictures to be sure but think there were brackets in the car.

I've got the trim back out sure looks like A pillars go into side pieces.
Side piece on top of A ear.
But A ear too long when installed.
15478411983462214674143668777024.jpg

Are you talking about that seam underneath the light? If so, nothing there and not much of any trim.
interior.jpg

67 may be different from 66 since most of that trim was chrome, not painted.

I sandblasted the chrome off, then painted all of it.
Chrome was rusty.

Last edited:

I'm seeing the piece that is above the windshield in your pictures.
That is working OK for me.
It's the rear "ear" of the A pillar that is giving me trouble.
I don't see that.

I've taken my A pillar pieces back out and given them to my chrome platter to have them chromed.
For future durability since that is such a high visibility area anyway.
(See the chipped paint around the screw)
It will also look better mating to the chrome on the lower dash frame.

When I was trying to get it fitted in my hands, it sure looked like the long side pieces fit over the A pillar trim rear "ears".
In other words the A pillar ear fits inside the long piece.
The A pillar ears were smaller and went inside the long side pieces perfectly.
In the picture I'm trying to make that work but it didn't seem to want fit to due to where the "ear" wound up when installed.
They were sort of twisted out of position and would not go inside the long piece..
Then I tried to make the ear go outside and over the long piece's end, and the ear was too "long" to make that work.

Are there any pictures of the rear A pillar ear fitting on the long side piece?

MAYBE I just need to bend the A pillar ears into the correct orientation and it will then go INSIDE the side piece?

20190118_122338-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I checked an A body and the pillar trim ear goes inside the long side piece.
So I must be doing it right on the Charger since I would think it is designed about the same way.

I just looked at mine and the A pillar trim was installed first then the other two go over top of the A pillar ear pieces.

trim.jpg

Next question.
Got the chromed A pillar trim back.
Your long side roof pieces will be chrome.
Mine are painted blue.
It looks like the long side pieces might go under the stainless trim?
Or does the long piece go on top of the stainless?
Thanks!

20190313_102411 (Large).jpg
20190313_102403 (Large).jpg
20190313_102505 (Large).jpg
20190313_102441 (Large).jpg

This is how mine looks, the long trim running from the A pillar to the rear tucks up inside that other lip.
Hope this helps!

20190314_142450.jpg

A pillar goes on first -- Stainless that holds the rubber window seals second --- long chrome molding and front plastic molding to cover headliner last.

Thanks.
That's what I was "afraid" of.
Harder to do.

I'll try again with more detail (from what I remember). This is starting from the last piece that came off. A pillar chrome / painted trim, metal painted trim above windshield, long stainless that window seals go into, plastic painted pieces that cover the headliner, long chrome pieces above the windows. Hope this helps. When you finish, if you could, let me know any tricks of the trade. I'm going to be doing the same thing here really soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back