• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Charger Ground Wire & Interior Chrome

Charger Too

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
1967 Dodge Charger: Question 1: 383 Engine - Does the ground wire go on the right side far back intake manifold bolt or in the hole on the far back right side head? I would need to get a bolt if it goes in that hole. Question 2: I need the chrome trim that surrounds three sides of the hinge plywood that is in back of the rear seats. Does any vendor reproduce that part or does anyone have a good used one? Thanks!

Do you have a pic of the trim pieces Around the hinge that you need I might have it if your not looking for brand spanking new

1967 Dodge Charger: Question 1: 383 Engine - Does the ground wire go on the right side far back intake manifold bolt or in the hole on the far back right side head? I would need to get a bolt if it goes in that hole. Question 2: I need the chrome trim that surrounds three sides of the hinge plywood that is in back of the rear seats. Does any vendor reproduce that part or does anyone have a good used one? Thanks!
I believe the ground wire attaches to the rear of the right side head.

Please start a parts wanted thread for your trim piece.

On my 66, front ground lug from battery is under bolt that holds the Z bracket for the springs for tranny linkage.
Rear gnd is a bolt at rear of the block to firewall.

tempImageGTJn9n.png

tempImagezdratB.png

Do you have a pic of the trim pieces Around the hinge that you need I might have it if your not looking for brand spanking new
I don't have any pictures. It is two pieces of thin chrome, L shape that goes on each side of the plywood board (covered with carpet) that his hinged on the bottom, in back of the rear seats.

I thought I had extras but I only have a complete seat minus the cardboard and carpet. Sorry

I don't have any pictures. It is two pieces of thin chrome, L shape that goes on each side of the plywood board (covered with carpet) that his hinged on the bottom, in back of the rear seats.
You are talking about the divider that opens up to the trunk? Have not seen any vendor that sells these. I might know were to locate a set. How soon do you need?

You are talking about the divider that opens up to the trunk? Have not seen any vendor that sells these. I might know were to locate a set. How soon do you need?
Within the next few weeks. Thanks!

Within the next few weeks. Thanks!
Well, IF I get to a farm that is a couple hours away, I will pull the best set (if there is one) off the one of the parts cars. I need to go there and get some parts for my car. Missing a front seat of hinge bolt washers.

On my 66, front ground lug from battery is under bolt that holds the Z bracket for the springs for tranny linkage.
Rear gnd is a bolt at rear of the block to firewall.

View attachment 1542719

View attachment 1542720
Well, IF I get to a farm that is a couple hours away, I will pull the best set (if there is one) off the one of the parts cars. I need to go there and get some parts for my car. Missing a front seat of hinge bolt washers.
Just a mention for originality Ma Mopar painted the Battery ground cable, engine color, partially up from the grounding bolt about 1/4 out up the Ground Wire going to the battery. Just a pass at the bottom of the wire with the engine color.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back