• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with trouble shooting electrical

69SportSat

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I could use some help as I'm a big-time novice. Up until last week all my accessory lights (trunk light, dome light, ignition light, glove box light and light under dash on passenger side) in my 69 Sport Satellite were working. In one fail swoop they're all not functioning. Anyone know a cause for such an all inclusive outage? If not, suggestions for trouble shooting? Could it be as simple as fuse? Thanks.

Sounds like a fuse for that circuit. Check your handbook for which fuse is for those items. Or use a test light, with the key on, jump each end of the fuses till you find one that doesn't light on each end. A blown glass fuse normally looks black or discolored.
Good luck..

None of the lights mentioned are powered by the ignition switch.
Check the fuses in the box as mentioned and switches in the doors and trunk lid.
The lights have got to have power and a ground. The switches complete the grounding.

Auto Transport Service
Back