• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi car rear leaf spring braces

cal30_sniper

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of the rear leaf spring braces on a ‘71 Hemi car? I was thinking of fabbing up and installing something similar to match the USCT torque boxes I just put in my ‘72. I’ve only ever seen the 70 and earlier braces. Are the 71 braces similar?

I bought the ones from USCT and they seem to be the same as an E body. On other cars I have made my own which is totally doable, however the USCT pieces come ready to install. FYI this is my 71 Charger.

IMG_6220.jpg

I bought the ones from USCT and they seem to be the same as an E body. On other cars I have made my own which is totally doable, however the USCT pieces come ready to install. FYI this is my 71 Charger.

View attachment 1498989
Yep, I’m in the process of putting all that in currently. Subframes and rear boxes are done, working on the front boxes and frame braces now.

D3A519B2-51AF-4F97-A47D-503131CAC356.jpeg

E9ED9936-4EEE-4269-A9B2-CF876E86E535.jpeg

However, I’m actually looking for the factory brace that connects near the leaf spring shackles (not the torque box that is on the other end of the spring). My understanding is that only the factory Hemi cars got that.

I can get you pictures of a 66. But do not know if they are the same for 71 and later.

ps, 1966s do not have the fronts like later years do

Yep, I’m in the process of putting all that in currently. Subframes and rear boxes are done, working on the front boxes and frame braces now.

View attachment 1499003
View attachment 1498997

However, I’m actually looking for the factory brace that connects near the leaf spring shackles (not the torque box that is on the other end of the spring). My understanding is that only the factory Hemi cars got that.
Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about the torque boxes (obviously). Post a pic of what you are talking about if you can find one.

Does anyone have photos of the rear leaf spring braces on a ‘71 Hemi car? I was thinking of fabbing up and installing something similar to match the USCT torque boxes I just put in my ‘72. I’ve only ever seen the 70 and earlier braces. Are the 71 braces similar?
’72 Road Runner GTX, should be pretty easy to replicate, appears to be flat stock with a hole in middle. I assume the ’71 brace is the same.
Support plate.jpg

’72 Road Runner GTX, should be pretty easy to replicate, appears to be flat stock with a hole in middle. I assume the ’71 brace is the same.
View attachment 1499040
That’s it! I had read that the 71+ 440-4 cars also got torque boxes, but didn’t realize they had the shackle brace as well. Shouldn’t be hard at all to fab that.

How wide is it front to rear?

That’s it! I had read that the 71+ 440-4 cars also got torque boxes, but didn’t realize they had the shackle brace as well. Shouldn’t be hard at all to fab that.

How wide is it front to rear?
3", looks to be about 14 gauge thick, I've got quite a bit of bed liner on it, can't measure the thickness. By my experience, any ’71 426 and 440 (V & U codes) and any ’72 440 should have received torque boxes and shackle plates.
Shackle plate 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you again, those measurements are exactly what I needed. I think I’ll fab some out of some .1” metal I have laying around.

Auto Transport Service
Back