• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEMI find in Texas

Durandal25

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Team,

My machinist has a 66 Satellite 426 car he's looking to sell soon.....I'll have plenty of details on it in the next few weeks for everyone to look at. I'm not a fan of the term "barn find", but this one is.....a garage find. I've know the fellow for about 10 years and he's done great work for me....but this car he's had for at least 30.....

Information, details, pictures, and last but not least $$$.

keep me in the loop

hemi head.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more on this car.
I own an original 426 like the one you are
discribing,66 Sattelite Hemi,4spd

Looking forward to seeing more on this car.
I own an original 426 like the one you are
discribing,66 Sattelite Hemi,4spd
Same here. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Team,

The weather here sucked yesterday, but I expect to get stuff started this week on it. I’ve known about this car for the ten years I’ve known him....and it’s never been outside.

I'm going to be uploading some pics of the car and the fender tag tonight. He was filling me in on the fact that he's had the car since 82' and that it was a New Mexico car initially. He stated that it was set up with headers and a different shifter....but he had the original parts in the trunk....Original one owner title....never been titled in Texas.....car has not been on the road since 77......man, this thing is getting cooler by the minute.

Sounds like a nice find.
I'm trying to get the right idea what this machine could be worth to the right enthusiast.....its a rare car, but the flippers will be all over this dude.

Then buy it before the flippers get to it.
....no, its way out of my league in price.....for what I normally go for...I jut thought it would be cool to get the details out here first.

She's dusty....and has not seen the light of day for a long time, but was kept in a garage and is solid everywhere.

She's dusty....and has not seen the light of day for a long time, but was kept in a garage and is solid everywhere.
Does she run? Is the chrome dome air cleaner still with it? She needs a full restoration but seems to be all there. Does it have a price yet?

Does she run? Is the chrome dome air cleaner still with it? She needs a full restoration but seems to be all there. Does it have a price yet?
I’m pretty sure all the parts are there, including the air cleaner. I’m going to pick his brains tomorrow about the motor and how she was set up for long term storage

Neat find... Someone was racing it as it still has the tow bar brackets mounted on the front bumper...

Auto Transport Service
Back